How to get rid of scars around lips?

I have this thing called "Lip licker's dermatitis" that shows up if i don't wear chapstick when my lips start to get chapped from licking them.One time it got so severe that is scarred.I never let it get that severe anymore since I always wear Chapstick I have developed perioral pigmentation which is dark circle around my lips & it looks like mustache I want to know how to get rid of the scar I got from before or at least make it a little less noticeable I'm 18 years old and I had when I was 10

Melarase creams for dark scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation can occur after chronic inflammation.  Although a consultation is required, skin lighteners may help with the darkening of the skin.  A consultation will help determine if your condition is actively inflamed. Our office specializes in scar treatment and we utilize Melarase creams for pigmentation. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Scars on Lips

Please upload a photo as there is no way for us to give any advice without seeing your condition.  It may be that you need medical and not cosmetic treatment.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.