My eyelids don't look the same. Is there a way to fix the droopy one to match the other? (Photo)

Realized several years ago from photos that my eyelids don't match; one is droopy and wrinkled. I don't know if it because of my bone structure or maybe when I was scratched by a cat as a child. It really bothers me! Thank you

Bleph

An upper eyelid blepharoplasty in which excess skin is removed from the upper eyelids would correct this.  The procedure can be done as an office procedure under local anesthesia.  

Ptosis

It looks like you may have ptosis of the one eye and that is why they are different. Best to see a specialist to fix that for you.

Eyelid asymmetry

You may have ptosis of the right upper lid or retraction of the left upper lid with pseudoptosis on the right. Evaluation by an Oculoplastic Surgeon would determine the precise diagnosis. Observing the vertical eyelid movement is important to check for a diagnosis of left retraction/ right pseudoptosis. Also very important is a measurement of the eye position within the socket. Thyroid orbital problems may present as eyelid asymmetry and/or relative proptosis on one side (one eye more forward in the socket) even if the testing for thyroid function is within a normal range. Once the diagnosis is clear, surgical correction of ptosis on the right and/or retraction on the left would restore the eyelid positions and symmetry. 

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

See oculoplastic specialist for eyelid ptosis evaluation

See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation and possible right upper eyelid ptosis surgery and blepharoplasty. Adding volume (fat or filler) will also be beneficial.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have a condition known as eyelid ptosis ( droopy eyelid) this is caused by excessive stretching of the muscle that lifts the upper eyelid. It can be corrected by a surgical procedure. The next step is to see a plastic surgeon in your area
Best wishes

Eyelids not the same

It appears that you have ptosis in one of your eyelids.  This occurs when one eyelid falls lower across the eyeball than it should and is caused by weakening of a muscle in the upper eyelid.  This can be corrected with surgery.  I would recommend seeing an oculoplastic surgeon for a consultation to look into repair.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid

Very interesting issue I see quite often.  The question is did your eyes look more like your left or more like your right 10 years ago.  The left upper eyelid seems retracted.  Thyroid disease can cause this amongst other things.  I would  suggest going to your internist to have your thyroid levels checked.   If need be this left upper eyelid can be lowered via a levator recession approach.  If the problem is that your right upper eyelid is dropping from ptosis this could be raised to match the left but I would only consider that after completely ruling out any reason for the left to be retracted.  
Thanks
Dr Schwarcz

Robert Schwarcz, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon