Would a breast lift help my back and posture? (photos)

I have had 4 pregnancy and 3 births.. prior to kids I was a 36d. With my pregnancy my boobs went up to 38h (when full with milk the cup size of the bra was too small).. now I am am a 36dd(uneven) and I find my self leaning forward a lot to feel balanced.. and my upper back and neck are always in pain.. also my nipples are always sensitive

Breast Reduction/Lift To Improve Posture

This is a great question and quite commonly asked in my practice. If improving your back pain is your ultimate goal, then a reduction (removing breast weight) which also includes a lift would likely be the best choice. This would also fix your uneven breasts. A lift would make your breasts perkier and would leave you close to your current size but would not likely relieve your pain as much as a reduction. Ultimately a reduction/lift would be a great option, you just need to decide how much smaller you would like to be. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Based on your description, it sounds as if you need a breast reduction. It would lift your breasts to a higher plane on your chest while also reducing some of the extra volume. Many insurance companies will cover the surgery assuming that you meet certain criteria. Call yours to find out before scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Breast reduction

My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question and photos.  I am sorry to hear about the issues that you have been experiencing because of your breasts.  Based on your description and photos it seems as though you would be an ideal candidate for a breast lift/reduction.  Please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon who can tell you both what would be best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL 

Breast reduction

Dr. Results
Miami, FL 

Can a Breast Lift or Reduction improve my neck, back and posture issues?

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. Moreover, it can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. Candidates for #BreastReduction surgery are women who wish to have smaller breasts to achieve a more proportional appearance or to alleviate physical discomfort. Most importantly, breast reduction can correct symptoms from excessively large, heavy breasts that may cause the inability to do certain exercises, or create back, shoulder and neck pain, poor #posture, bra-strap shoulder #indentations and #chafing or rashes under the breasts.

Breast lift for upper back pain

Breast lifts do improve upper back and neck strain by virtue of moving up your breast mound and nipples on your chest. This decreases the tension felt on your back by decreasing the moment arm.  Please see examples below.

Breast lift for upper back pain

Breast lift and posture.

The first order of business is to check for other causes for your posture and/or back pain. If they are primarily due to you leaning to align your breasts, breast surgery may indeed help. Obtaining symmetry of your breasts with lifting or reduction may help if you then stand straight. Breast reduction surgery often helps neck and back pain when there is adequate breast tissue to reduce. A full evaluation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon will help you figure out what is best for your situation. 

Breast lift and posture.

Neck and Back Pain: macromastia, reduction or lift

Dear Ms. Vhern03,

Thank you for your questions and photos.

Back pain per sae has many causes one of which is macromastia (overly large breasts).
If the the macromastia is the cause it is often improved with a breast reduction.
Mastopexy while repositioning the breasts does not reduce the weight but does improve
positioning of the breasts on the chest wall.
Because of your asymmetry you may consider a combination of both.

I recommend that you make several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,
R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Dear Ms. Vhern03,

I wish you my best and success,
R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Reduction appears to be more appropriate

Based on your pics, you do not appear to have a significant amount of ptosis(or droop).  Your nipple areolar complexes appear to be at or very near the appropriate anatomic location, therefor a lift would likely place them too high.  If you have ruled out other etiologies of back and neck pain, a breast reduction would likely provide some relief and can also help you accomplish better symmetry.  Best of luck to you. 

Nathan Brought, DO
Franklin Plastic Surgeon

Nathan Brought, DO
Franklin Plastic Surgeon

Would a breast lift help my back and posture?

Breast reduction and lift may be the best option based upon the pictures and the description.

Beverly Hills, CA

Beverly Hills, CA

Reduction or lift?

Thank you for sharing. If pain is a concern, an appropriate reduction is probably needed which would also lift and even you as you may need. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can assess you. Best wishes!

Reduction or lift?