I did Fraxel laser on my cheeks and it really looks like my face burned. Is it normal? And when will I recover? (Photo)

When I will see the result of the fraxel?

Fraxel and Redness

The Fraxel laser will definitely leave you red for 48 hours after the procedure.  Depending on what setting you had done you can have swelling as well.  I am not sure why the physician who is treating you did not explain the procedure and reactions to you.  Please keep us posted.

Burned appearance after Fraxel

It is normal to have a some redness and swelling after having fraxel laser treatment. The redness is usually transient and lasts anywhere from just few hours to few days depending on the treatment settings. After the swelling and redness subsides you will feel that the texture of skin will feel rough, almost like sandpaper. You should continue keeping your skin well hydrated with hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic moisturizers. Also minimize sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunblock as your skin will be more sensitive to sun while it is recovering from laser treatment. You should notice improvement in texture and tone of your skin about 4 to 6 weeks after the laser treatment. Most patients do need more than one treatment when treating acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles.

Supriya Tomar, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon