Is it ok to wait 3 months between Fraxel laser treatments?

I will be out of the country for 3 months. I would like to start Fraxel treatments & was wondering if doing one treatment now then doing the next treatment 3 months later will still be beneficial. Or, is it more advantageous that I wait to start the series of Fraxel treatments when I return?

Thank you for your question. Treatments need to be done no earlier than 3 to 4 weeks apart. If you wait longer  past that 4 weeks it will not affect your results. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for more information.

Time intervals between Fraxel Treatments

The shortest amount of time typically recommended for Fraxel is 3 to 4 weeks.  I have many patients who fly in for Fraxel and do the procedure at 3 months or yearly.  There is no down side in waiting other than it will take longer to see the full results.  Please consult with an experienced board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Fraxel Laser and Time to Treatments

There is no limitation on how long can wait between lasers.  Most of my patients are fly in and have to wait that long and they still get great results.  Most of the time were combining other treatments at the same time to get more robust fraxel treatments.  Please see a laser expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel Now or Later

Greetings!

To see the maximum results from Fraxel or any laser treatments that require multiple sessions, you should keep as close to a every 4 week schedule as possible. You could perform one treatment and wait 3 months, but it would better benefit you to wait until you return from your trip. Don't forget your sunscreen!

Best of luck to you!

David Goldberg, MD