Is it safe to do an at-home TCA peel every two weeks?

Hello. I've done three 15% TCA peels at home so far with a span of three weeks in between each peel. My skin texture is a little better but still not where I want it to be. I have some light acne scarring from teenage acne (I'm 29 now) and noticeably large pores. My goal is to reduce the scarring and make my pores smaller. Would a TCA peel every two weeks help me achieve this goal and is it safe to do a TCA peel every two weeks indefinitely?

Chemical peels

Thank you for your question timish401. Chemical peels are used to enhance the appearance of the face. TCA is a prescription-strength product to be applied by a licensed medical professional. I do not recommend to my patients to apply TCA at home. For my patients I perform TCA peels every 6-8 weeks and no more frequently than every 4 weeks. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

No- IMO too frequent at that connection.

I think dropping to 8% two coats, every two weeks is a safer option. You can tip the TCA benefits by getting PIH or skin darkening if applied too frequently. It will also depend on your skin type, but as a general rule (at least for me) 2 weeks at 8%.CheersDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist