Tca peel done 30% double layer. (photo)

This is the 4th day and the skin is like this. It hurts when I sleep. Also it isn't flaky or peeling. And there is water blisters on the right bottom side. What is going on I'm very sacred

Chemical peels

Thank you for your question awsasheikhh. Chemical peels are used to enhance the appearance of the face and other areas. Most people peel on days 3-5 after a peel on the face, but everyone is different. This generally occurs more slowly from the neck down. Healing can take up to two weeks. For my patients I recommend keeping the skin moist and applying an occlusion emollient such as Vaseline or Aquaphor every couple of hours for the first week or two to speed up the recovery and to address any blisters. Darkening of the skin is normal and it usually goes away after the skin peels off. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

Delayed peeling with TCA- protect skin

The neck and décolletage areas are very tricky and prone to scars and pigmentation changes. Your specialist who did this peel would have given you a after care instruction sheet, including-1. Use of emollients and anti-bacterial barrier creams2. Specific wound care, especially to the blisters- we usually pop them but leave skin intact as they act as a dressing.3. Antibiotics to reduce infection, plus close follow up.4. Sunprotection after the peel. Looking at the photos, there is a sharp cut off where the peel started, I use a slightly different technique to buffer the edges. Also for the chest and neck at 30%, I am very conservative and do not like to use a double layer. All the best, Dr Davin LimBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

TCA peel

TCA peel can take up to 7 days before it starts to peel. Before it starts to peel, it will turn dark and possibly slightly red in appearance. It can also get tight sensation and itchy as well. We usually have our patients wash with cool tap water every day and apply light layer of topical steroids to help with healing. The water blister is something I would contact your provider and ask. 

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon