Can Botox or Xeomin show up on a MRI scan?

I recently had botox & Xeomin and then less then a week later had a MRI. It came back showing a calcification(front lobe.) Can it possibly be from the injections in my forehead?

Thank you for your question but no, neither Botox nor Xeomin will show up on an MRI and the calcification should be worked up for other etiologies.  Best wishes. 

Botox and Xeomin MRI...

Thank you for your question.  Neither Botox, Xeomin, or Dysport should show up on MRI.  This is likely due to another cause, please follow up with your physician.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or Xeomin affecting an MRI

Thanks for your question. I do not see how injections of either Botox or Xeomin could affect your MRI results. I wish you the best in your medical care.

Botox and MRI

The neurotoxins will not be visible on an MRI. They do not produce calcifications. This result is likely of different etiology altogether. Best wishes.

Botox on MRI

Hello and thank you for your question. No Botox nor Xeomin will be visible on an MRI. Good luck to you!

Emily Hartmann, MD
Chico Plastic Surgeon

Neuromodulators unlikely related to calcifications on radiographic studies

Thank you for your question. Neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are used to address muscles associated with facial expression. They are injected into the skin. Calcifications seen on radiographic studies are not likely related to neuromodulator treatment. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Can Botox or Xeomin show up on MRI a week after injection?

Thank you for your question. No, BOTOX and Xeomin will not show up on your MRI scan. I hope this helps.  Good luck,

Botox on MRI?

Hello, and thanks for your question. This finding is not likely related to your injections. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and MRIs

Thanks for your question. Botox is injected into facial muscles. It will not be seen on an MRI. I'm assuming you had an MRI of the brain. If so when they are describing the frontal lobe its actually beneath the skull bones. Botox will not cause these MRI findings. A lot of times these calcifications are normal with aging but you should speak to the physician who ordered the scans so he can clinically correlate the scan with your symptoms. Hope this helped!

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician

MRI with Botox and Xeomin

Thank you for your question.  Botox and Xeomin will not show up on an MRI.  So this is not the cause of your calcification.  Good Luck.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon