Hit in the face 48 hours after 1st Botox?

I had my first Botox injection 48hrs ago (forehead, frown line and crows feet) and I just got hit in the face with a soccer ball. I'm worried that this is going to affect the efficacy of my Botox or move it from the injected muscles Can someone please help

Botox Results

I’m sorry to hear that you were hit with a soccer ball! But luckily it sounds like this will not have any effect on your recent Botox injections. 48 hours post injection is plenty of time for the Botox to start to absorb, so I don’t believe that you will notice any complications due to your injury. If you notice anything unusual, make sure to call your physician for a follow up visit, but otherwise it sounds like everything will be fine.

Thank you for your question.  Getting hit in the face 48 hours after Botox injections will not affect the result of the botox.  In my experience my patients resume normal activities after Botox injections and I have never seen it "move" to the wrong muscle.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

It normally takes a few hours for the Botox to bind.  Since you were hit 48 hours after treatment, you should be fine. Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox question

You will be fine.  Botox usually start to take effect in 24-48 hours and getting hit in the treatment area 48 hours after treatment is likely not going to negatively effect your treatment in any way.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Hit in the face 48 hours after Botox

Ouch!   A rule of thumb is that it takes Botox 3 hours to bind, but some say it takes only 45 minutes.  After that, there isn't anything that can affect your Botox treatment.  I hope you didn't bruise from the ball!

Jodie Reinertson, MD
Seattle Physician

48 hours after Botox - hit in face

This should not affect the outcome of your Botox. It is absorbed within hours, maybe even sooner. I ask my patients to take it easy for a few hours after treatment to ensure the Botox stays put, but not sure if that is absolutely needed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and Accident

Botox takes  effect in 48 hours in the sense that the accident should not cause any problems.  If you are concerned you should follow up with your treating dermatologist for evaluation.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and trauma

It is unlikely that the trauma will impact your Botox 48 hours after injection.  Best of luck with your results.

Trauma after Botox injection

No need to worry. The Botox has been absorbed into the appropriate tissues at this point. You will see your complete Botox results at 7-14 days. Enjoy your results!

Thank you for your question and congratulations on trying Botox for the first time.  I can understand your apprehension with your recent soccer ball injury but your Botox has been fully absorbed by your surrounding tissues and the trauma will not affect your results.  Best wishes.