Procedure to Subtly Refine Nose Tip?

I'm interested in getting Rhinoplasty as my nose is a little bit too big for my liking. I just want a subtle one, not a massive overhaul. My nose is upturned but I quite like it, I just want the tip a bit more refined I think. I'd like other people's opinions though. Tell me what you think!

Yes it is possible.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The most important decision is the surgeon. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses that you like. See real patients or long term photos of his results.

Tip rhinoplasty.

Hi!

1)  What you want is entirely appropiate.

2)  The tip of your nose is a littlle too round. It can be refined with internal sutures, and the rest of your nose can be left alone.

3)  A tiny change in the nose can have a big positive impact on the face.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Subtle Tip Rhinoplasty

It is a reasonable option and can be achieved by scoring the catilages and then stitching them together. There are several other techniques that address the problem, such as removing a sliver of the cartilage, morselizing (crushing) the cartilage.

The techniques can vary for each surgeon as we all have our own preferences. Its the result at the end that matters more than the technique used. Remember there many ways to skin a cat.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Subtle Refinement of Tip Possible with Rhinoplasty

The best rhinoplasty is one which produces a nose that both looks good and functions well. When performed correctly, other people should be able to tell that your nose has been operated on, but rather that it looks natural.

Rhinoplasty can have either a dramatic effect or a subtle effect on the appearance of the nose depending on what techniques are used and depending on the patient's preference.

The best way for patient to gain a better understanding of how their nose might look is to visit with a surgeon who uses computer imaging to set the goals for surgery. Recently, 3D rhinoplasty imaging has become available which allows patients to compare their preop picture with a simulated postop picture and look at them from any angle to see how surgery might change their overall appearance. Gaining a better understanding of what the result would look like before undergoing surgery can help make that decision.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty

It’s not unusual for patients to be concerned about the aesthetics of their nasal tip.  When this scenario arises, an isolated tip rhinoplasty procedure is often the solution to the problem.  This procedure is indicated when the patients deformity is confined to the lower third of the nose.  In this area, the structures involved consist entirely of soft tissue and cartilage.  The nasal bones are not involved and because of this there’s no need to fracture them. 

Tip rhinoplasty corrects a variety of deformities that involve the nasal tip.  Examples include bulbous tips, wide tips, tips that lack projection, and tips that have too much projection.

Typical deformities are addressed by suturing techniques, removal of excess cartilage, and augmentation of cartilage with cartilage grafts.  These maneuvers can significantly impact the appearance of the nasal tips.

Careful analysis of the nose is essential before proceeding with this procedure.  It’s important to make sure that the upper portion of the nose doesn’t require intervention before proceeding.  Harmony, proportion and balance with the surrounding facial structures are necessary for an optimal result. 

Since fracture of the nasal bones isn’t necessary with tip rhinoplasty, there’s less bruising and swelling.  For these reasons, recovery is less eventful and takes shorter periods of time.  There’s also less pain following surgery.  Tip rhinoplasty is associated with high satisfaction rates.

Procedure to Subtly Refine Nose Tip?

Greetings

Thank you for your questions.  “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Refinement

According to the description and picture you have provided, it does seem as if a rhinoplasty can improve the appearance of your nasal tip. A qualified, experienced surgeon will know how to conduct the nose job in a way that will give you the most natural looking results. I understand that my patients are concerned with having a nose that looks too overdone or “fake” and am always sure to avoid such results. For a more accurate depiction of what your new nose will likely look like, ask each of the surgeons you are consulting for real life before-after-photos. These are the best indications of the surgeon’s work and can help you work together to construct a nose that suits your face and needs.

Sam Rizk, MD

Tip refinement for a more feminine nose

Indeed, the tip of your nose is more bulbous and is slightly out of balance with the remainder of the nose. This can be reduced through tip suturing techniques or an endonasal approach, not an open rhinoplasty. Cartilage can also be removed from the tip and sculpted to create a nice feminine refinement.

Rhinoplasty; Will Subtle Rhinoplasty Refine a Beautiful Brit's Nasal Tip?

Hi Betty Lou,

Subtle changes to the tip of your nose ("change the offending party please) can achieve the goals that you desire. You may need additional subtle changes depending upon the structure of the remainder of your nose.

Choose your subtle rhinoplasty surgeon carefully and make sure that she/he understands your wishes and can carry out the steps to attain the result your want.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty is an excellent option for tip refinement. Based on your photo, narrowing and refining the tip, without changing the rotation (upturning), can all be accomplished with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon. Make sure your goals and expectations are addressed in the consultation. The result should be noticeable but natural-appearing.

Jason D. Meier, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon