What To Expect For Pricing for my Gynecomastia? (photo)

I have been to several cosmetic doctors concerning my grade I gynecomastia. The low end has been 3000( in India) to 8900 ( San Francisco). I have had the condition for nearly 2 years now due to use of over the counter supplements called pro hormones. Max Muscle was and still is selling these legal steroids to customers, not truthfully telling people what the product converts to in your body. After a couple years of research, it is my understanding that its is an easy procedure lasting 30 minutes

Gynecomastia Pricing

•  Nipple Male breast reduction cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA and Canada.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?
.
#GynecomastiaReductionPrices

Gynecomastia Pricing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

.
#GynecomastiaReductionPrices

Typical Price of Gynecomastia & Cost Breakdown

The cost for any surgical procedure should be evaluated based on the following criteria. 

1. Surgeon fee ( this will depend on the experience and consistent results offered by the surgeon) 
  2. Hospital infrastructure cost( Smaller nursing homes / exclusive Aesthetic centers/ Multi speciality hospital) 
  3. Any special instrument's used in the procedure like Power assisted/ USG/ Laser
  4. What additional cost's that are likely to be charged separately
  5. Duration of procedure (may depend on the size or volume of area treated)
  6. Whether additional skin reduction or mastopexy is needed. 

The cost of Gynecomastia ranges from ₹85,000 – ₹2,00,000 ($1,300 – $3,100 Approximately). Prices may vary based on location of surgery and which surgeon is performing the operation. If you’re shopping around, price should factor in, but it shouldn’t be your first priority.

Most insurance provider's don't cover this type of treatment, but it is best to check with your insurance provider to be doubly sure.

Pricing, Surgery Duration and Seeking the Right Surgeon

Three options exist for surgery. Smaller procedures can actually be done in the office with light oral sedation. Adolescents frequently do better with a light general #anaesthetic.Twilight or IV sedation are another great choice. All procedures are outpatient either in the office or a certified outpatients surgery facility.

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment.
Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.

It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual #outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Price

Thanks for the photos.  Price will depend on area and experience of surgeon.  We charge anywhere from $5,500 to $8,500 for cases where no skin needs to be excised (which you do not need). 

Price

Gynecomastia Surgery Cost

Hi sfspartan,

Thanks for the post and photos. As important as cost is in the overall decision process for gynecomastia surgery, an even more important factor to consider is the experience and qualifications of the surgeon. As a gynecomastia specialist, I see patients coming in for revision surgery frequently.  The procedure in the right hands is straightforward but I would not consider it "easy." Knowing how much to take and how much to leave is crucial in establishing the right contour for that individual patient and that comes from experience. Speed of the surgery is also not related to the quality of the outcome. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Gynecomastia Surgery Cost

Hi sfspartan,

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Selecting Surgeon for Gynecomastia Surgery?

Thank you for the question of pictures.

Be very careful about your selection of surgeon. I would suggest that you consult with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons. I would also suggest that you be careful about selecting your surgeon based on cost.

I do not think that correctional gynecomastia is necessarily an “easy procedure” or that it necessarily lasts 30 min. Again, be careful;  if you end up needing revisionary surgery,  this may be even more challenging and/or expensive.

Thank you for the question of pictures.

Gynecomastia surgery

Each city you will find wil lhave different prices. Gynecomastis surgery can be performed with liposuction and excisional techniques depending upon the quality of the tissue.  An exam is essential.

Gynecomastia surgery

Gynecomastia pricing

I agree that comparing SF to India is apples to oranges There are two methods of gynecomastia surgery, liposuction and open reduction, sometimes used in conjunction with one another. The determining factor on which technique is used is whether the tissue is fibrous or fatty. This can only be determined on physical examination but, given the size of your breasts, I believe that a normal circumareolar excision will be warranted. This is certainly not a 30 minute operation and would be priced accordingly.

Gynecomastia pricing

Gynecomastia treatment can be an easy and relatively cheap procedure.

Hi there.

I would say that those prices are both quite high, once you consider the cost of the flight to India. There is also the added risk of being exposed to bacteria that your immune system is unfamiliar with and therefore a higher risk of infection in India.

It will also depend upon the nature of your problem. If it is the fatty layer of the breasts that needs to be treated (pseudogynecomastia) then a simple liposuction procedure with local anesthetic and sedation will suffice. If it is actual best tissue (Gynecomastia) then the procedure will involve more time, work and most likely general anesthetic. 

Are you still taking the steroids? It may be that after some time without them your body returns to it's normal shape. There are many other factors that could add to the problem such as prescription medications, recreational drugs and several medical conditions. 

Try to eliminate as many of these factors from your life as possible for a few months and see of that helps.

Hi there.

Gynecomastia Surgery Pricing

I personally have a fixed price for gynecomastia patients. Your note compares prices in San Francisco to India. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Gynecomastia Surgery Pricing