Will another dentist be able to finish an already started implant?

I just need crown implant is done my dentist quit practice & never got tooth. My daughter also has the same problem.

Yes, another dentist can complete your work

This will not be a problem at all. It would be good if you can get your records and your daughters records to ascertain which implant was used. If this is not possible, your new dentist will be able to determine the implant used by taking an x-ray of it and comparing it to a database of implants. It is then a simple process to order the corresponding implant impression posts and analogs to have the lab technician fabricate the implant abutment and crown.

Yes

Yes, it is possible to finish restoring your dental implant but the new dentist must first know the brand of the implant in order to have the correct tools and parts for your implant system. It is important to identify the specific brand, model and diameter of the implant placed from the previous dentist.

Leo Aghajanian, DDS
Glendale Dentist

New Dentist, Same Implant

The new DDS will have to know some information about the implant. As long as it is healthy and doing okay they will be able to complete the implant.

Kathy Zahedi, DDS
Santa Monica Dentist

Can another DDS finish implant

Yes, it is possible for another dentist to complete the implant crown, even if they didn't start it. The new dentist will need the information about the type and size of the implant placed.