What can I do to help the swelling after subcision?

I had subcision done on a surgical scar located on my face (cheek) about 2 months ago and it is still tender and a bit swollen around the edges of the scar which makes it more noticeable. Any suggestions on how I can get the puffiness to go down faster? I have tried ice and heat compresses which seems to have helped a little bit. I am also using lavender oil.

Swelling After Subcision

Icing, RF treatments and massage help improve the outcome. I suggest you speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scars arising from subcision

I would recommend speaking to your surgeon about scarring in the area. The subcision may have created excess scar tissue that would benefit from treatment. At this point, use Plato's Scar Serum on the area twice daily. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS