I had a temporary crown placed about 10 ago haven't been able to go back to get permanent one till now.

Will my tooth under be ok?

Temporary #crown #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
How long have you had your temporary? 10 days? 10 weeks? 10 years?  If you've been wearing your temporary crown for 10 days, you should have no problems with the fit of your permanent crown.  However, if it's been 10 years, you'll need to start the process over.  Temporary crowns are just that, TEMPORARY. They are not meant to protect your tooth for an extended period of time.  I would recommend seeing a dentist for a complete evaluation to determine your options at this time.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Temporary Crown

You have been wearing it for 10 days or 10 years?  I am assuming 10 years the way the question is worded.  If this is the case you will need to start the process again for an accurate fit.  You will be very lucky if the tooth does not recurrent decay after this long in a temporary.  Good luck.  

Temporary crown

You don't mention if this is 10 days or 10 years. If you have been wearing a temp for 10 days no problem. If you have been wearing a temp for 10 years you will need to start over. Temporaries don't fit as well as permanent crowns and also wear differently than permanent crowns. 

Dental crown

Hi, thanks for write... If you don't have any pain probably is OK, but you need to take some x rays to evaluate, tell your doctor before your new crown. Good luck. 

Jepssy Beltre, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist