Crowns on upper 6 front teeth are uncomfortable back teeth aren't fully touching, feels like I cant fully close my mouth.

I got crowns on my upper 6 front teeth just today, and the temporary crowns were much better than this. These crowns are huge compared to my real teeth and the temporary. And they are tight in my mouth. Im feeling like I made a mistake getting crowns. I only got them because of discoloration of some of my front teeth. One was turning yellow. One had a small brown mark. At least they were comfortable and natural. What can I do about these crowns? Can I use temporary crowns as real crowns?

Issues with permanent #crowns #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your new crowns. I would recommend returning to your dentist to discuss your concerns.  Although you liked your temporaries, they can not be worn long term. Your dentist can communicate with the lab about what was "right" with your temps, so your permanent crowns will have a similar look. Having to remake a case can be frustrating for both you and your dentist, but it's important to keep the lines of communication open. The best advice I can give is to stay positive and speak with your dentist about your concerns. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Uneasy With Permanent Crowns

If you love the fit of your temporaries your dentist can take an impression of them in the mouth.  They can send this model to the laboratory making your crows and ask them to make the to follow the temporaries as much as possible.  Best of luck.  

Dental Crowns

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your permanent crowns. From your description, it sounds like the bite is off on the crowns. I would recommend going back to your dentist asap to have the bite adjusted. If the crowns still do not feel right after the bite adjustment, then your dentist might have to remake crowns to adjust the bite, contacts and thickness of the crowns. If the crowns have to be remade, it is best to have them temporarily cemented for a few days to make sure you are comfortable with them before having them permanently cemented.Hope this helps

Uncomfortable crowns

It's unfortunate that you are having problems and concerns with your new crowns. I suggest returning to your dentist and discussing your problems. Temporaries can't be worn long term, but once you have a set of temporaries that you love your dentist can ask that the permanent crowns be made exactly like the temporaries. Prior to having the permanent crowns permanently seated I suggest wearing them with temporary cement. This allows the dentist to remove the crown to make changes until you are pleased. I hope this information helps steer you in the right direction.

Crowns on upper 6 front teeth uncomfortable

Sounds like there are several issues.  You need to return to your dentist and tell him your complaints.  Your front teeth should not keep your back teeth apart, if they were touching when you were wearing your temporaries.  Your dentist should be able to adjust them to get you back to a correct bite.  If you were happy with the temporaries, the permanent crowns should have been made the same size.  If the permanent crowns are indeed too large, you should request that your dentist either redo them or reshape them, if possible.  You should be satisfied with the final result as you will be wearing your smile for a long time and you should be proud to show it off.  A great job is also good promotion for your dentist...if someone compliments you on your smile, that is a great time to recommend your dentist.  Good luck, hope all works out well for you!

Dental crowns

Hi, thanks for write.... Why you don't put dental veneers if your problem was just in front? You can't use temporary crowns too long, is not looks good, you need to come back to your doctor to fix the problem. Good luck. 

Jepssy Beltre, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist