Should I get crowns or just refill for my four front teeth? (photos)

First of all, as you can see my front two teeth has cavities and fill in as well. I went to the dentist and he told me I need a root canal for one of those two teeth. After that I probably need to put crown over (suggested two teeth). It doesn't bothers or causes me pain at all. Just doesn't look good.. What are the costs and which type of crown look the most natural? I don't want my teeth to look too fake.

Dental #crowns #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would have to agree with your dentist that crowning your four front teeth appears to be the best option. Usually, all porcelain crowns are the best aesthetic option for anterior (front) teeth.  I use both Empress and Emax for my patients.  Both are great and look very natural. The cost of crowns varies from office to office and varies depending upon the region in which you live. Another factor that will determine the cost of your crowns is the dental insurance that you carry. The best indicator to determine if the dentist is going to give you the results that he/she claims, is by viewing before and after photos of his/her patients that have undergone similar or the same procedures. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Dental crowns or fillings

Thanks for your question. If you are having root canal treatment, I suggest doing a crown. In that case, two crowns would give a better cosmetic result. From the pictures, your fillings would be very large. Fillings/bonding will eventually stain and is not as strong as porcelain. Final plan would depend on your bite, dental and medical history, condition of the teeth, and what needs to be done. Good luck

Porcelain crowns

Porcelain crowns is definitely the way to go to restore these teeth permanently and get an esthetically pleasing and natural result. You might want to consider crowns for the front 4 teeth is possible to get the best result.

Crowns on front teeth

Thank you for posting your question! An all porcelain crown will look the most natural versus a porcelain fused to metal crown.  There are various types of all porcelain crowns. E-max crowns can give you excellent esthetics. Hope that helps!  Good Luck!  

Supriya Verma, DMD, FAGD
New York Dentist

Emax crowns

I think that Emax crowns could be used to give you a very aesthetic result and restore your teeth which have had a lot of previous work and need something more than just fillings.Douglas Jopling, DDSDallas, Texas area

Dental crown

Hi, thanks for write... Yes probably this will be the best treatment for you, Zirconia crowns or Emax crown will be the best for your front teeth, this crowns don't have gray metal, good luck. 

Jepssy Beltre, DDS DDSC
Dominican Republic Dentist