Will insurance pay for any of this? And can this procedure be on a woman who has had cesarean surgery?

How many times will a patient need for the stomach

Coolsculpting

Insurance does not cover this procedure because this is a cosmetic procedure. My office offers care credit to help with the cost.  c-section surgery is not a contraindication if the area has healed and there is no hernia present. 

Best of luck, Sheila Nazarian  

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting is safe in areas of previous surgery as long as no hernia is present
Inusrance does not cover this

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and C-Section

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure for reducing the bulge of fat in a given area, especially the abdomen.  Like any other cosmetic procedure, your health insurance will not pay for cosmetic procedures.  A previous C-Section should still allow you to be a candidate for the procedure.  However, an in office consultation is necessary to determine if you are a good candidate for certain and which applicators would work best for you.

Insurance and coolsculpting

Unfortunately insurance won't cover this procedure.  
Prior surgery in the abdominal area won't hinder your ability to have this procedure, but a physical exam is critical to ensure there are not other reasons such as a hernia that would prevent you from having this procedure.
I would recommend that you go a plastic surgeon who offers this procedure as they can also discuss other alternatives for this procedure.

CoolSculpting and Insurance

Unfortunately insurance does not cover cosmetic procedures. A C section would not disqualify you from having the procedure. Be sure to see  qualified certified CoolSculpting practice to determine if you are a suitable candidate. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Unfortunately, Coolsculpting is not covered by insurance.
We have treated many women who have had c-sections with very nice results.
I suggest visiting with a certified doctor to have an examination and discuss your options in person.
Best wishes
Tom Pousti MD

Not covered by insurance

This is an elective cosmetic procedure and not covered by insurance.  We've performed this treatment on many women who've undergone a c section with great results!  Please make sure you visit a certified coolsculpting practice who has the expertise and experience to do a proper assessment and determine if you are an ideal candidate.  Good luck!

Dominic Castellano, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting After C-Section

CoolSculpting can safely be done on women who have had a prior c-section as long as there is no hernia in the treatment area. A lot of our clients have had c-sections before. How many treatments you need would depend on the amount and distribution of your fat. This will best be determined during an in-person consultation and evaluation. Unfortunately, insurance does not cover the procedure as it is purely cosmetic.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Will insurance pay for CoolSculpting?

Medical insurance would normally not pay for CoolSculpting because it would be considered a cosmetic procedure.  It is possible for a woman who has had a cesarean section to have CoolSculpting.  Each patient is different, so the number of treatments needed to reach the patient's goal can vary.  In some cases, one treatment can be enough.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Insurance will not pay for Coolsculpting as it is a cosmetic procedure and you would need to be evaluated in person to determine if you are a candidate and how many treatments you would need.