Can I get my porcelain veneers removed & replaced with composite (chairside) veneers? (photos)

I would get bonding on my front teeth because they got thin & chipped slightly from grinding. I tried composite veneers & really liked them so I thought porcelain veneers would be the next best step because they were stronger & more permanent. Well I HATE them. They look fake, bulky & don't blend well with my other teeth. Can I have them removed & composite veneers reapplied over top of my prepped teeth?

Porcelain veneers vs composite veneers

So sorry to hear that you Hate your veneers.  Porcelain veneers are superior to composite veneers as far as color stability, looking natural and strength.  Perhaps these are Emax veneers, speak to your dentist and ask if it's possible to get feldspathic veneers.  This way they can control the thickness better and give you what you want.  Good luck.  

Bad Porcelain Veneers

Composite veneers require a great deal of dental talent for them to look very natural. That's why many dentists don't do that procedure. Porcelain veneers are made by a dental lab and also require a talented ceramist to make them look very natural, like teeth. If you were to remove your veneers, it would make most sense to have the dentist make new veneers that were less bulky.  That would give you a more predictable result. 

Composite veneer, porcelain veneer

I am sorry that you prefer your old composite veneers over your new porcelain veneers.  Porcelain veneers usually look more natural than composite veneers.  Most likely you can replace them with composite but before you give up on the porcelain veneers I would relay your concerns to your dentist to see if they can be fixed.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Replace porcelain veneers with PORCELAIN veneers...not composite #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your veneers. If I were you, I would return to the dentist who placed you veneers and discuss your concerns. The best case scenario would be that your dentist places new veneers that are less bulky, gives you the results you desire and you pay nothing more out of pocket. Porcelain veneers are superior to composite veneers in every way. You don't want to take a step backward by replacing porcelain with composite. I hope this helps and follow me on RealSelf for more questions and answers.