Suggestions for Post Rhinoplasty Nose Bridge Indentation? (photo)

It's been two years and five months since my original septorhinoplasty procedure was performed. As I assume the result I see in the mirror at this point is here to stay since my nose has had ample time to heal, I'm still focused on an indentation on the right side of my bridge just above the nostril which is causing an asymmetrical appearance. As I'd prefer to avoid revision rhinoplasty at this point to address this issue, is this something that could be fixed with an injectable filler? Thanks

Doctor Answers 4

Dermal filler for minor contour irregularities after rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have had sufficient time to heal to try dermal fillers safely for minor contour irregularities.  Hyaluronic acids like Restylane or Perlane are good options, as is Radiesse.  I would caution against putting any permanent fillers in your nose.  From your photo it is difficult to assess the indentation you mention.   

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 64 reviews

Suggestions for Post Rhinoplasty Nose Bridge Indentation?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes try a filler but the issue is very very minor in my viewing of the posted photos. There are ALWAYS minor asymmetries. 

Small Indent after Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I assume it's the my right and your left - above the nostril. You could try an injectable filler such as silicone or radiesse. However a cartilage graft may be necessary.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 285 reviews

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments may improve the appearance of nasal indentations after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Unfortunately, the indentation you describe above your nostril on your right is not readily apparent from the photo you submitted. In that regard, you may want to consult a facial plastic surgeon experienced in the delicate art of using fillers for nasal rejuvenation. My personal experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 435 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.