What to do against wrinkly eyelids ?? (photos)

I'm only 18 years old as I have very wrinkly eyelids !! It's my biggest insecurity and I don't understand why my eyelids are so wrinkly ! My dad says its because I have a lot of allergies but is that really why ? And is there anything I can do or products I can use against them ? Please help !!

Excess skin at 18

You do in fact have excess skin of your eyelids. 
There is no reason you can not have this removed if you are sincerely unhappy with it. 
We would offer you a rhinoplasty or otoplasty at this age if indicated. There is no reason why you can have a small skin trim from you upper eyelids. 
However, I all about a good relationship with dads.

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

What to do against wrinkly eyelids ??

The main benefit of upper eyelid surgery is to remove excess skin- which you appear to have. The benefit of the lower lid blepharoplasty- is to remove bulging fat- which you do not appear to have on your photos. Also, trimming of lower eyelid muscles can reduce some of the lower lid wrinkles. At your age it may be prudent to try non-surgical methods first- before seeking surgery. Hope this helps

Eyelid creases

You do seem to have upper and lower eyelid skin wrinkling. To be sure, you need a complete evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon. Due to your age, you may want to try anti-allergic medications and eye creams first. If those don't work and the insecurities prevent you from living your life to the fullest, sometimes surgery is the only other option.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

"wrinkly" eyelids

You have multiple creases. You may benefit from an in person evaluation by a board certified surgeon to determine what the best options for you are.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye wrinkles

This is not uncommon but I would try some eye creams that may help with the wrinkles.Also botox may help in that it can knock out the muscle around the eye that causes wrinkles and gets them to become deeper and deeper.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles in the Eyelids

You may be experiencing allergy reactions with your eyelids.  Try using good eye creams that are designed for people with allergies.  I would want to try that before surgery given your young age.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Eyelid Surgery

Hi janaxxo,  I understand your frustration and your dad might be right. It is possible that allergies can contribute to your eye wrinkles. You may be rubbing them if they are itchy which can cause the skin to stretch. Skin around the eye is thin, delicate and fragile.It can also be your genetics. You might benefit from a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon face to face and discuss options that might work best for you. You might benefit form skin care products that draw in water and help smooth wrinkles, by stimulating collagen production. Good luck!

Wrinkles in the eyelids

Hi there, 

It is a little bit hard to give you an answer with these photos. I can see the wrinkles you are talking about.
Because you are 18 years old, I am not excited about recommending surgery for you. 

My advice would be to see a couple of doctors in your area to have them examine you in person. At your age, a good eye cream can make a difference as your skin is still healthy. Allergies can make your eyes and skin more irritable. You will want to see if treating your allergies can help.

In an older patient, you can remove a little strip of skin, but in your case I would try creams first.  

I hope this helps 
Good luck! 

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon