What type of lip augmentation is required for a well defined Cupid's Bow lip? (photo)

So I'm really considering plastic surgery for a more a defined Cupid's bow lip like Rihanna's. What do you think? I want my fullness just more definition. Will I have to go under the knife or is it something as simple as an injection? I'm concerned about scarring and hyper pigmentation. I'd hate to end up botched due to vanity. The top two pics are of my natural lips.

Juvederm Voluma® does enjoy a longer longevity profile than many other fillers and can be injected off label into the lips by an experienced aesthetic physician. In addition, Voluma®'s results will be more natural-looking than surgical implants/silicone/fat grafting. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

Cupid's bow

Hello, Rihanna's lip shape is very desirable. From your photos I would say that you would need the smallest amount of filler injected in to your cupid's bow to help enhance its shape. You certainly would not require any surgery, though I would look in to the side effects of fillers. Scarring and hyperpigmentation are not usually associated with lip fillers, though in rare cases you may see slight pigmentation changes and scarring due to infection. Make sure you research the establishment well and ensure that you have a certified practitioner performing the treatment. I would advise against surgery as your skin may suffer from scarring.

Lip Augmentation and Cupid's bow

It will take a small amount of lip fillers to augment your lips and build up the cupid's bow.  This is an advanced injection technique and please consult an expert dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip fillers - one of the most effective are fat injections - are very effective for adding volume to your lips. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. You have great lips. If you are looking to enhance or define your cupid's bow this can be achieved with injectable dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Volbella or Restylane Silk. It is important to seek an experienced injector and have an in person consultation. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lips like Rihanna

Thank you for your photos and inquiry. Your lips look great! You and Rihanna have differently shaped natural lips. If you want to achieve a look with a more defined Cupids bow, i would advise to try using makeup first to see how you like it. Surgically however, Lip fillers is the way to go. There is little to no downtime and results are immediate. Be sure to consult and have your treatments done with a board certified plastic surgeon to assure optimal results. You are always welcome here in Montreal! Regards,

What type of lip augmentation is required for a well defined Cupid's bow?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Your lips already appear to have good definition and the easiest approach to achieving similar lips to Rihanna is through the use of makeup and lip liner.  That said if you wanted to increase your definition, you can use a dermal filler to do so.  Hope this helps.

Cupid's bow

Lip fillers can accentuate what you have.  Philtral column injection can help as well. Best of luck..

Lips Like Rihanna

Fillers to the lips would give you the look you want. I recommend a practitioner who uses cannulas to limit complications. I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip definition

Thank you for your picture.  Honestly, doing nothing is certainly an option as your lips already look great! That being said, any sort of surgery in this area can leave you with terrible scarring.  a modified lip lift can create definition along the cupids bow, however, that is reserved for very select patients.  In your case, an HA filler such as belotero/restylane silk/juvederm would do very well.  Best of luck.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon