Half a syringe for Cupid's bow? (Photo)

Was wondering if half a syringe to fill the lips I would like a fuller looking Cupid bow without the duck lips look. It seems that a full syringe is mostly on offer with most of my friends being told that half a syringe would do nothing but the thing is I don't want it to be too obvious or pouty that's being trendy lately I don't like when my lips are apart, the Cupid bow goes up when I think they should be purses down which looks better.

Fillers

I usually start off with one syringe for most lips, some may reuireq more.  Filling the cupid's bow and philtral columns can be done as well and may require a 1/4-1/2 a syringe.

Lip Augmentation

Usually, I would agree that one full syringe is needed, but in your case, I see what you mean! With no treatment, you have very beautiful lips! Find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with lots of experience with lip fillers because your lips are full now and it would be easy to over do it and give you Trout Pout! Very conservative treatment or NO treatment are your best options. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Half a syringe for Cupid's bow?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. You have beautiful volume to your lips to start with but conservative placement of a hyaluronic acid filler along the lower border of your upper lip will help make it flush with the lower lip.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results.

Customizing Lip Augmentation to the Patient's Desired Preference

Fillers are generally purchased by the syringe but all of the syringe should not be used in select cases such as yours. Administration of the product should be tailored to the patients desires and, in your case, you already have full and beautiful lips. It would take no more than one half of a syringe to augment the areas you refer to and there is a distinct chance of overdoing the augmentation. I provide my patients with a mirror, additional time and patience, and allow the patient to dictate the areas to be filled and the end point for fill volume to achieve the desired result.

Kevin Murphy, MD, FRCS(Plast)
Galveston Physician

Cupid's Bow Generally Requires Less Than A Quarter Of A Syringe

I have been treating lips and the perioral area with fillers for over three decades, since the very early days using the original Zyderm I Collagen. Today, fortunately, we have more advance hyaluronic acid-based fillers that yield natural and relatively durable results. 

Side profile photos would have been helpful, but from the frontal, face-on views provided, the proportions of your lips in relation to each other and in relation to surrounding structures appear to be perfectly fine. The ration of the upper lip to the lower is ideally in caucasions approximately 1:1.6, which appears to be the case here and the ratio of the distance from the chin to the lower lip and from the upper lip to the base of the nose is approximately 2:1, which again seems to be the case here. And, while the profile view is not available, there seems to be sufficient pout to the central portion of the lower lip and my guess would be that the upper lip tubercle projects about 1-2mm beyond that of the lower lip. What I am saying that if I were to suggest doing anything at all, I would probably only slightly strengthen the projection of the philtral columns and only very slightly better define the Cupid's Bow. All in all this would likely take less than a 1/4 of a syringe of  my favorite for this work, Belotero Balance. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Filling cupids bow area

Using 1/2 a syringe for just the cupids bow is too much. Using 1/2 for the entire lips is probably too little to see much change. There is always places to put filler around the lips to make them look better but not abnormal. I only sell full syringes.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip filler

It is more important to see an injector who is experienced with lip filler than to predetermine the amount of filler you will need; you can always add more, but it is more difficult to remove it. Keep in mind that one syringe of filler is typically 1ml/1cc which is one fifth of a teaspoon.   Filler is sold per syringe and is intended for the use of only one patient only.   Best of luck! 

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Cupid's bow

A small amount of Restylane Silk would be perfect to help improve the appearance to the Cupid's bow.  Please consult a cosmetic specialist for the best results. Best, Dr. Green

Cupid Bow Correction

It will be more about the technique than the amount. This can easily be done with fillers and is best for you to see an experienced injector who can contour and shape rather than just increase size. I recommend Restylane Silk injected using cannulas for best result. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation

half a syringe of restylane should be more than enough for what you are looking to achieve.  The benefit of doing this is that if you want more, you can always add - remember, it's very hard to "subtract" filler! I suggest you go see someone who is comfortable with injecting lips as they will be able to talk to you about what you can expect.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon