It is best to wait long enough to give time for the uterus to shrink back to its pre-pregnancy state- which may take at least 6-9 months for complete contraction. Then you will be in a good position to consult and undergo a cosmetic procedure.
After Cesarean birth: When can I have ultrasonic cavitation treatments done on abdominal area?
Doctor Answers 3
Body after Baby--The Timeline to Liposuction
I recommend getting a formal consultation. I can give you a basic timeline of 3-6 months, but it also depends on being at a stable weight in order to get the best results. When you're ready, see an expert in hi def physique. Best, Dr. Emer
Ultrasonic cavitation on abdomen after C-section
Thank you for asking about your ultrasonic cavitation.
- I assume you want the treatment to lose your 'baby' fat.
- Please wait at least 6 months, ideally a year.
- It truly takes that long for the body to recover from pregnancy + C-section.
- Treatment too early can create more swelling or poorer results.
- In the meantime, to the extent you can, start doing what exercise you can and eating well.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.