Liposuction, will I get smaller? (photos)

I got liposuction it's been 2 weeks so far I'm happy with my results but I am wondering if I am going to get any smaller . My waist now is 29 inches and hips 42 (had bbl and hip fat transfer) . I am grateful for my new figure but I am still hoping to get smaller . I barely had any bruising after lipo but there is still a little stiffness in certain abdominal areas . Would it be possible to lose a couple of more inches ? Or is this as good as it gets ?. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds

Smaller after liposuction

Yes you will get smaller, you are still going down I would say up to 6 months after surgery.  Remember to  following your surgeons post op instructions as he knows you.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

As the swelling decreases, you should continue to see improvement up to 6 months postop. Good luck for great results!

Think results not inches--getting great results with liposuction, venus legacy, exilis ultra, cellutone/zwave

You still have swelling which can take 3-6 months to resolve. I recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results.  Also using a waist trainer will help i have all my patients do that.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction result at 2 weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

If you are happy with your result now, you will be thrilled with your final result. You have only started healing and will continue to see improvement for the next six months and sometimes longer.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. The post - op swelling will slowly subside over the next three - six months.  You may wear a compression garment if you feel it helps. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Liposuction, will I get smaller?

Without even examining you or looking at photos I can tell you that at two weeks all patients have some swelling that will resolve.  How much is difficult to say but you can start judging your results after about six weeks with the understanding that subtle further improvement will occur in the liposuctioned areas up to six months after surgery.  Enjoy your results and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

You should notice swelling/bloating continue to diminish over the next several weeks.

Congratulations on your procedure! At two-weeks post-op, you are still in the early stages of the healing process, so some swelling, bloating, or bruising should still be expected at this point. These symptoms should continue to gradually resolve themselves over the next weeks and months, revealing your final results. Keep in mind, though, that this can take up to 6 months. Thus, you can expect your figure to continue to slim down to more closely match your desired final outcome. Just be sure to maintain open communication with your plastic surgeon throughout the healing process to ensure a safe and smooth recovery and the best results possible.

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and your photos.

2 week is still to soon for concrete results, recovery can last at least 4-6 months before your totally post op.

best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD