Can I have lipo in the part of the pelvic area where the pubic hair grows?

Of course I didn't want to send a picture because it's personal but, and I don't even know want to call it, but the part of the pelvic area where the pubic hair grows is really "fat, puffy"? Can I have Lipo there & also get rid of the hemrroids in the bottom area? Just so embarrassing when your intimate. Thank you

The mons area that you wish to contour is often treated with liposuction to reduce any "puffiness". Most plastic surgeons do not treat hemorrhoids.

Liposuction to mons area

Liposuction in this area is common and Yes, we are able to perform liposuction to treat the fat in this area.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Can I have lipo of pubic area?

It is not unusual for the pubic area to be an area of concern. This area may be large (prominent) , ptotic (low), or deflated. How to best address your specific concerns will depend on your physical examination and goals. Generally, treatment will involve excision of excess/ ptotic skin plus or minus liposuctioning.

I would suggest that you discuss your concerns/goals directly with your plastic surgeon, in front of the full-length mirror. Working together you will come up with the best course of action.

Liposuction of the mons pubis

That area where the pubic hair grows is called the mons pubis and yes, you can have liposuction in that area. It can be done in combination with liposuction of other areas or as a stand-alone procedure.  Below is a link to a stand alone mons pubis liposuction. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the mons pubis

Thank you for your question. The area you are referring to is called the mons pubis. Yes, liposuction can be performed in this area and it is frequently done in combination with a tummy tuck or liposuction on another area of the body. However, if there is excessive skin laxity in the area liposuction may not be the right procedure for you; so obtaining a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is essential for best results. For the hemorrhoids, I would consider talking with your primary care physician first and then perhaps seeking out a colo-rectal surgeon if necessary.  

Kenneth A. Godwin, DO
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the of months pubis

The simple answer to your question is yes you can have liposuction of that area.

The anatomic or Latin name is called mons pubis.

It's very important to have this area properly assessed before proceeding on having any type of procedure.

The Mons pubis often has a combination of skin laxity and subcutaneous fat. If the area has substantial amounts of skin laxity the liposuction and becomes much less effective in the final results are less impressive.

An easy way to determine this is by simply pulling up on the area to give the skin tension.

If lifting or tightening the skin makes the Mons pubis flat then the primary problem if skin laxity.

If you can pinch a substantial amount of fat when the skin is pulled taught then there's also a substantial amount of fat there.

If the area does not change much when pulling the skin and the primary problem is usually fat.

When patients have substantial skin laxity some type of skin resection it's needed.

Both skin resections and liposuction of the area are easy and can often be done with local anesthesia only though some plastic surgeons may prefer to use general anesthesia.

I suggest you consult with one or more board-certified plastic surgeon's to get an accurate assessment and some ideas of what it would be good treatment options.

Because this area often has a skin laxity component patient satisfaction can at times be somewhat disappointing.

If the areas treated correctly then patients should have a substantial improvement with an excellent aesthetic outcome.

What a final note liposuction of this area almost always causes a substantial amount of swelling of the labia majora's.

This can often be to the point where patients are alarmed and called her surgeon after the procedure.

The swelling while impressive always subsides with time and is usually not painful.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Fat Pockets/Penis Pouch on Lower Abdomen -- VASER HI DEF Versus Non Invasive Like Coolsculpting, Sculpsure, Vaniqush

This is great to treat (mons pubis / suprapubic area) with proper liposuction.  sometimes if skin is needed to be removed we will lipo and remove skin at the same time.  kybella, coolsculpting can be used as alternatives with vanquish.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction of the mons pubis

Thank you for asking about your mons pubis fat

This embarrassing area is call the mons pubis and yes, it can be reduced with liposuction. In fact, it can be done with local anesthesia in the office by an experienced plastic surgeon. It will have no effect on the hemorrhoids however - these are dilated veins that usually need surgery, injection or banding.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS