Compression garment problems

I am approximately 10 days postop from lipo to my abdomen, flanks and back. I just moved into my second compression garment and the shoulder straps are digging into me. I've tried wrapping the straps in a pair of socks to help with the rubbing but that's not cutting it when I lay on my side to sleep. The only postop form I've found is for placing over the surgical sites but nothing for the rubbing/digging of the garment straps. Any suggestions?

Post Operative Compression Garments

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  I would definitely recommend reaching out to your plastic surgeon’s office regarding your garment issues.  Many times there can be a very simple fix or another garment available that can quickly alleviate your concerns.  Compression garments are often a necessary part of recovery, but if not handled immediately, can sometimes cause more harm than good.  Reach out to your surgeon and see what they advise and/or recommend.  Good Luck with the rest of your recovery.

Your plastic surgeons office can help you with your garment problems.

Most plastic surgeons will measure and custom fit their patients for postoperative compressive garments. If you are having difficulty the nurse and the surgeon's office can help make adjustments to the existing garment or measure for a new one.

Compression garment problems

you should reach out to your surgeons office and express your concerns. You want to be in a garment but also comfortable. Maybe they can suggest a different style that will do both fit you comfortably and have just the right amount of compression to the surgical site.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Garment too tight?

It sounds like your garment maybe too tight. It sounds reasonable to change your garment to a better fitting one. Contact your surgeon.

Follow up with your doctor

You should follow up with your doctor, hopefully a board-certified plastic surgeon, and he or she can help you get into a proper fitting garment or let you know what's your best course of action.

Each plastic surgeon has a different protocol for the use of compression garments so it would be inappropriate for any of us to tell you what to do.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Compression Garments

Thank you so much for your question. Compression garments are incredibly important after liposuction. It helps to control  swelling, help with shaping & typically, provides comfort. If the straps aren't adjustable over the shoulders, I would recommend contacting your surgeon to see if you need a new garment or if it's important to wear the straps at all. Best of luck.

John Allan Ness, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment Woes--Adding Venus Legacy/Exilis Ultra, Cellutone/Zwave to liposuction aftercare

It sounds like this isn't the right size. I recommend contacting your Dr. about your garment. I also recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Compression garment problems

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your compression garment issues.  Depending on whether or not the shoulder straps can be lengthened in order to take tension off of your shoulders it sounds as if your garment is too tight.  I would see your surgeon for an evaluation and possible exchange to another garment.