What are my options for upper cheek fat removal? I have alot of upper cheek fat.

Removal of upper cheek fat

Thank you for asking about your upper cheek fat.

Without a photo, one cannot easily advise you but in general, the fat of the upper cheek is not removed. It is normal to have fat over the cheek bone and often causes distortions if it is removed.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

It would probably be ill advised to consider removing fat from the upper cheeks since this contributes to a more triangular shaping of facial configuration.  Lower in the cheek the buccal fat pad can easily be removed through the mouth to highlight your cheekbones and give a more sculpted look to your face equivalent to having lost several pounds of weight and its effect on your face.  Sometimes people who need this also benefit from liposuction of the upper neck/chin region to improve their profile. If you can post photographs it would be useful.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Contouring the Cheeks--Liposuction for chin/jaw

The cheeks are best to leave alone as we age we loose fat in that area, although liposuction or fat pad removal (buccal) can be done. VASER liposuction can be used to contour the chin and jawline in order to create more definition to the face. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Cheek fat removal?

I think that you would have to be seen in person. Commonly cheek fat is not removed.  Some patients have buccal fat bulging in the lower cheek that requires excision.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite recommendations and I would see a series of board certified plastic surgeons in consultation to have the best treatment options discussed.  An in-person evaluation is essential to identify and discuss your concerns, as well as your desired outcome. I am attaching a link below that should help you find surgeons in your area.  Best wishes.