Can a lower body lift and a breast lift be done in 1 procedure?

Can a lower body lift and a breast lift be done in 1 procedure? I understand costs vary, but about how much money would a body lift and breast lift be in the Orlando, FL area? Thanks.

Breast and Lower Body Lifts

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Combined procedures

Combination surgery can be done; but it needs to be done safely. Depending on your size and extent of surgery, body lift and breast augmentation with lift may take 7-8 hours. If you are healthy and medically optimized, body lift and breast surgery can be done at the same time safely.
If you want to stage your surgery (breast first and body lift later or vice versa), that would be fine as well. Many patients prioritize their surgery depending on their needs. Doing one part of surgery before another does not affect the outcome of one surgery. Please get the surgery that you want the most first.
Visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to find out about your candidacy for the surgery.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Can body lift and breast lift be combined?

You can technically combine almost any procedures.  With that said, I do not generally combine body lift and breast lift procedures.  The body lift is a long procedure and has significant recovery.  Combining additional procedures will only lengthen the operative time.

I would discuss with an experienced body contouring surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Ralph Trey Aquadro, MD
Auburn Plastic Surgeon

Combined procedures

Multiple procedures can be done safely, but it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. It is not uncommon to combine breast surgery with a lower body lift. A circumferential body lift typically takes me 5 hours and breast surgery can taken 1-2.5 hours depending on what exactly needs to be done (augmentation alone vs an augmentation with a full breast lift). That said, it is fine to opt for your body lift first and come back in the future for your breast lift too. To give you best advice requires an in-person consultation. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with body and breast contouring after weight loss.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast lift and lower body lift all at once?

While these procedures could technically be done all at once, I don't recommend this.  The many hours required for this make it difficult for you as a patient, and also for the surgeon.

Recovery time is quite long for the body lift, and I personally will stage even this to make sure the patient has an easier time recovering, and can heal better.  These procedures required good health and can be quite taxing to recover from, even for a young healthy person.  In the end, your health is more important than just getting it done.  You may actually save time in the long run.

Seek a board certified plastic surgeon who has done these procedures, and listen to their reasoning for whether they would do it all at once or not.  Typically the places that would consider one stage surgery in the USA are affiliated with residency or fellowship programs and utilize many assistants to improve the amount of time it takes to complete the procedure.  

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Possible in some cases

In patients with good health it is possible to perform breast and body contouring procedures. the logistics during surgery add time due to the prone/supine position. 

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast lift and lower body lift procedure

• hello, and thank you for your question. As a general rule we recommend staging these procedures. There had been certain instances where they have been performed together in patients that have excellent health and understand that it may necessitate prolonged recovery. I would recommend she seek out a qualified surgeon with expertise in these procedures. Best of luck.

John J. O`Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift with breast lift

Thank you for your question about your breast lift and body lift.

• Depending on the surgery involved, a lower body lift and breast lift can be done in 1 procedure.
  • Most of the time, the body lift - a big operation - is enough.
  • For a person who is normal or below normal in weight, motivated and completely healthy, the combination can be done.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Body Lift and Breast Lift In One Procedure

Thank you for your question.  I typically approach these two procedures in a staged fashion.  I will perform a body lift (with an overnight stay) at the first stage.  This is followed by a breast lift (with or without implants) and arm lift (if requested).  The third stage would be an inner thigh lift if desired.  A face and neck lift can be done as well.  Each patient has different goals and things that may bother them more than the other, so there can be some variation to the order after the body lift is done.  A body lift and breast lift can cost upwards of $20,000 depending on the extent of work to be done.  An in person consult will better help define these costs. I recommend seeking a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in these types of procedures.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Joseph

Brian Joseph, MD

A breast lift with a abdominal paniculectomy (tummy tuck) is a great combination

While a body lift and a breast lift can be done at the same time I feel it is better to do the breast lift with a tummy tuck first and then come back and do the lateral thigh and buttock lift 6 month to a year later. A lower body lift takes a very increased time and putting this together with a breast lift will keep you under general anesthesia longer than what I like. Also when I do a tummy tuck I bend you over so tight that it takes at least 3-7 days to stand up straight. When I do a lateral thigh and buttock lift I make you so tight you can't sit down for 3-7 days. If you do both of these together then you have to compromise on both procedures and you get a compromised result. It is however to do extended liposuction with the breast lift and tummy tuck. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD