Are my lips considered as big or medium-sized lips? Should I get a lip job? (Photos)

Lip Augmentation Candidate

While your lips are full, you may wish to consider dermal fillers to provide to meet desired proportions. Consult in person with an expert and experienced physician injector to understand your options.

Are my lips considered as big or medium-sized lips? Should I get a lip job?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower and both lips are a tad less than medium in size.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip and lower lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Lips

You appear to have full lips in the photo but it is difficult to tell without seeing the proportions to the rest of your face.  Best to have an in person consultation before pursuing alteration to the lips.  

J. Brad Turner, MD
Lexington Physician

Lip augmentation?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. Your lips are fairly full, but you are a candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler if you so desire. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation ..To Do or Not To Do?

Thank you for your inquiry and for sharing photos of your lips. As for having lip augmentation or not...the choice is yours! You would benefit from a small amount of lip filler to your top lip for some more fullness. Results will last 9 - 12 months. Be sure to always see a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of Luck!

What size are my lips? Should I have them made larger?

Thank you for asking about your lip augmentation.

Your photo shows nicely shaped, full lips. There is a fashion now for full lips - it is fine to have your enlarged, if you want a fuller look. Start with a lip filler, like Juvederm. If you like the look, all you need to do is keep up the injections as needed, about every 9 - 12 months!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lip Augmentation With Fillers

Thanks for the question and photos. My preference for most patients is to use Juvederm to augment the lips. Restylane is another option, though it can feel slightly firmer than Juvederm. Based on your photos, your lips look normal and balanced as is. However, a conservative amount of Juvederm Ultra XC (one 1 mL syringe or less) in the upper and lower lip would be reasonable, if you are seeking fuller and pouty looking lips. The key to achieving natural appearing results is to keep the upper and lower lips balanced and not inject too much volume of filler. Injection in the right areas of the lips is important as well. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) or Lip Implant or Fat

The decision for lip augmentation is dependent on the look you'd like to achieve. Fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a fuller lip. Please see an expert for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip augmentation

The decision to enhance your lips is something only you can decide. If you think it is something you would like to pursue, I would suggest something temporary like Juvederm. You can start gradually and see if you like it.  If you like the results of Juvederm and want to go for something more permanent there are other options. I would suggest contacting a PS in your area, to discuss your options in person. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Are my lips considered as big or medium sized? Should I get a lip job?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  The decision to pursue any aesthetic procedure is up to the individual and depends on your desired goal outcomes.  Instead of deciding whether your lips are big or medium sized determine if you'd like to subtly enhance your lip appearance.  If you do, see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your treatment options.  Hope this helps.