My lips are 5 cm long and 2 cm thick. are they considered as medium or full lips?

( my nose is 3cm wide and 4 cm long and my chin is 4.6 cm wide)

Medium or full lips

There is no numerical measurement that would categorize lips as "medium or full".  I suggest you put the ruler down and ask yourself do you like the appearance of your lips. If not, what is it about them you would like to change? If you can not specify what you do not like about them but feel they could look better than see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon in consultation. They will examine your lips in the context of your whole face and should be able to guide you as to what options you might have in making an improvement.

Hope this helps

Santa Monica Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is important to consider your lips alongside your entire facial features. One of the most popular aesthetic procedures is lip enhancement as the lips are the first thing that most people notice about women. Please also post pictures. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips are 5 cm long and 2 cm thick. are they considered as medium or full lips?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. Non smiling photos of your upper lips would help in the evaluation.   Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Lip size is based on the relative proportion of your lips to the other distinguishing features of your face and not on an absolute measurement.  If you have a particular concern as to your lip shape, size, or asymmetry see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon for possible treatment options. 

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Like Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero, Lip Implant or Fat Are Options

It's hard to determine without a picture, because measurements don't account for lip shape. If you're interested in lip augmentation. fillers like Restylane, Juvederm are good to create a fuller lip. Please see an expert for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer