Severe (grade 3 cellulite). Cellfina or Vaser for achieving smooth skin? (photos)

I have suffered with severe cellulite since teenagers (I'm 29 now) and am looking to get rid of all of it. I have cellulite on posterior thighs (all the way down to back of knees), saddle bags, banana rolls and butt dimples. Which procedure will help me get smooth skin? I understand that saddle bags will probably need a lipo or coolsculpt. But I'm more worried about achieving smooth skin right now! Thank you!

Cellfina treatment areas

Thank you for your question. Cellfina can definitely improve the dimpling. It does not work as well for the horizontal lines that I can see on the back of your thighs. You really cannot treat the "banana roll" (tissue just under the buttock crease) as it can disrupt that landmark. You would get a nice result with Cellfina on the inner aspect of your buttocks, I would think. Smartlipo is what I'd suggest for your outer thighs (saddlebags). I hope that helps.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina would be appropriate for the dimpled Cellulite.  It is effective in those areas and there would be visible improvement  after treatment.

Cellfina is the answer to your problem

The entire surface of your buttocks can be smoothed with Cellfina. We have to "skip over" the banana roll but the treatment can then be continued on down to the middle of the posterior thigh. Since you would already be numb and in the proper position, I would suggest a minor liposuction of the banana roll at the same time. You could be back to work within a day or two with minimal discomfort. Bruising should be gone within a week or so and smoothing will begin to appear after just a few days.

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Check out Cellfina, probably the best treatment on the market today in treating cellulite. Two years after treatment, over 90% of patients are still satisfied. Best bet is to obtain a consultation with a  board certified plastic surgeon experienced in Cellfina as well as non surgical and surgical body contouring. They can evaluate you, then discuss treatment options to address all of your concerns.

Cellfina works for the cellulite dimples

Cellfina is only good for the dimples. The areas which need liposuction won't be improved. Probably a combo therapy of lipo and Cellfina are best. Some cellulite which isn't dimpled, requires other modalities such as Z Wave or RF devices. Sculptra has been helpful for some areas of depressed cellulite because in the banana roll and some other areas, Cellfina can't be used.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Cellfina for Smooth Skin

Cellulite itself needs treatment with Cellfina, Sculptra, and body treatments like Venus Legacy/Exilis Ultra, Cellutone/z wave.  When you're ready, VASER HI DEF procedure can be done for more contouring. See an expert  Best, Dr. Emer.

Severe (grade 3 cellulite). Cellfina or Vaser for achieving smooth skin?

Based on the photos, I would suggest Cellfina for the dimpling and depressions on the buttocks and posterior thighs. It will not totally eradicate it, but should significantly improve it. To improve  your contour in the saddle bag region, liposuction will help that area. Good luck!

Cellfina for achieving smooth skin?

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute