If Cellfina treatment does not leave any scars why did I end up with this ugly cut? (Photo)

How do I care for this cut ?Does it need stitches ? because the Dr office is closed ( today is Saturday ) The cut is 7mm , opening ( wide )2- 3mm and . Will it be too late to apply stitches on Monday ? ( on 4 days post ) ? Appreciate any response

Cellfina Incision-- Scar Treatment--Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision

I would recommend you contact your surgeon immediately. Scars require combination treatment to get the best result. Lasers, microneedling and subcision may all be needed. Best, Dr. Emer

Cellfina Scars

I would recommend you contact your surgeon immediately. This incision is larger than what I normally see with Cellfina, which is a stab incision. No worries if you are unhappy with the scar after you heal, your surgeon can revise the scar.

S/p Cellfina

Treatment with Cellfina involves a small reciprocating blade to release the fibrous bands. The incision you show is larger than what we see. Discuss this with your treating physician.

Wound after Cellfina

This is not typical and needs to be discussed with your doctor. The wounds from Cellfina are extremely small and don't require sutures. This one might do better with a couple sutures.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Cellfina

That is longer than a treatment site for Cellfina anesthesia placement or band release.  Contact your provider and discuss this.

Cellfina Scars

Hi and thanks for the question. I recommend contacting your surgeon. If unavailable, keep the wound clean and dry until you can seek a medical opinion. Should this would not scar well, you have options including laser and light therapy, micro needling, and bleaching. Best of luck. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Not the usual result after Cellfina

It looks to me that you will need sutures or wound care for that incision.  Cellfina incisions are very tiny and resemble puncture wounds that are slightly larger than a needle stick.  They have been red for 6-12 weeks I some of my patients but fade nicely after that time.  Scarring has not been a problem with my patients.  I would contact your doctor right away.

Marisa Lawrence, MD