If Cellfina treatment does not leave any scars why did I end up with this ugly cut? (Photo)

How do I care for this cut ?Does it need stitches ? because the Dr office is closed ( today is Saturday ) The cut is 7mm , opening ( wide )2- 3mm and . Will it be too late to apply stitches on Monday ? ( on 4 days post ) ? Appreciate any response

Cellfina Incision-- Scar Treatment--Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision

I would recommend you contact your surgeon immediately. Scars require combination treatment to get the best result. Lasers, microneedling and subcision may all be needed. Best, Dr. Emer

Cellfina Scars

I would recommend you contact your surgeon immediately. This incision is larger than what I normally see with Cellfina, which is a stab incision. No worries if you are unhappy with the scar after you heal, your surgeon can revise the scar.

S/p Cellfina

Treatment with Cellfina involves a small reciprocating blade to release the fibrous bands. The incision you show is larger than what we see. Discuss this with your treating physician.

Wound after Cellfina

This is not typical and needs to be discussed with your doctor. The wounds from Cellfina are extremely small and don't require sutures. This one might do better with a couple sutures.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Cellfina

That is longer than a treatment site for Cellfina anesthesia placement or band release.  Contact your provider and discuss this.

Cellfina Scar

Most likely, the vibrating blade was turned on when it was on top of (rather than below) your skin. Stitches will allow this to close with a minimal scar. A scar revision can always be performed after it heals, if needed.

Cellfina treats cellulite and it can leave small marks

Cellfina is a very successful treatment for cellulite but does involve a small entry site through which the needle from the device penetrates the skin and breaks up the attachments in the subcutaneous fatty plane. As the needle moves back and forth like a windshield wiper under the skin, there is a little friction at the entry site (where the needle doesn't need to move back and forth much) and this can cause a slight depression and in some patients prone to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, they may see some darkening. I have not seen as large or deep wound from Cellfina as your photograph displays.  Please see your doctor immediately to evaluate this wound. You must have had many other entry sites and your doctor will compare this area with the others. There may need to be some prescriptions needed to help heal the wound and then followup appointments to see how you are progressing. 

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina Scars

Hi and thanks for the question. I recommend contacting your surgeon. If unavailable, keep the wound clean and dry until you can seek a medical opinion. Should this would not scar well, you have options including laser and light therapy, micro needling, and bleaching. Best of luck. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Not the usual result after Cellfina

It looks to me that you will need sutures or wound care for that incision.  Cellfina incisions are very tiny and resemble puncture wounds that are slightly larger than a needle stick.  They have been red for 6-12 weeks I some of my patients but fade nicely after that time.  Scarring has not been a problem with my patients.  I would contact your doctor right away.

Marisa Lawrence, MD