Can I get lip injections directly after cavity fillings?

I really want to get lip injections but I cannot take pain or even needles. I get horrible anxiety and freak out. I already know they can give you some kind of numbing cream but I don't want to feel ANYTHING. I was wondering if I got my cavities filled one am, and then had my lip filler appointment directly after so I'd still be loopy and numb if that was safe to do? Thanks!

Lip Fillers and Dental Work

Due to swelling and risk of infection I would definitely not do lip injections at the same time as your dental work.  Best, Dr. Green

Wait

I would suggest waiting about a week or two after your dental work before injecting the lips. You want to be healed from the dentist work before fillers.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip Fillers and Numbing

I suggest you DO NOT get fillers on the same day as any tooth work, this can increase your risk of infection.  I suggest you get nerve blocks if you are that concerned. Use cannulas to limit pain, along with topical creams and icing. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip fillers

Thanks for the excellent question. I agree that at times lip injections can be uncomfortable as the lips are quite sensitive.  I would likely not do the same in one sitting or too close together because you will have swelling from the dental procedure which could make it difficult to get the desired result.  There are numerous ways to make the procedure less painful and often my patients experience little to no pain.

Michael Bublik, MD

Lip injections

Thanks for your question.  As you are aware, lip injections can be uncomfortable to some patients, as the lips are quite sensitive and have dense innervation.  Having said that, there is no reason that you cannot be well anesthetized for a lip augmentation, and there is no reason to coordinate with dental fillings!  Most plastic surgeons are quite facile with performing dental blocks.  Topical anesthetics can work adjunctively, and you should know that most fillers have lidocaine mixed in so that as the procedure continues, the lips get progressively more numb.  

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon