When I smile, I practically have no top lip at all! I was wondering what kind of method you would recommend? (photo)

I like lips when my mouth are closed. I just want more toplip to be shown when I smile. But I dont want ducklips.

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Natural Lip Enhancement for Thin Lips

The key to having a beautiful natural looking lip is choosing the right product for your injections.  I would definitely recommend that you look into Restylane Silk or Restylane to have a more natural, softer-feeling, upper lip.  Please consult an expert so that you avoid an unnatural "duck" lip.  Best, Dr. Green

Natural Lip Enhancement

Conservative treatment is key in achieving the desired look without looking overdone. We prefer to treat conservatively but urge patients back in a week or two should they decide they desire additional enhancement. Juvederm and Restylane are two products we use often to fill the upper and lower lips, with outstanding yet natural looking results.

Dennis Gross, MD

When I smile, I practically have no top lip at all! I was wondering what kind of method you would recommend?

Thank you for your question. Choosing the right Cosmetic Dermatologist is key to avoid the appearance of “duck lips” which usually occurs when the physician injects too much filler in the upper lip. In my practice, patients can achieve fuller, plump lips with Juvederm or Restylane Silk. These are both hyaluronic acid fillers that provide a natural look that also feels soft to the touch. An experienced physician will know the right amount to inject, that will give you a fuller upper lip when you smile that looks natural at rest when a patient isn’t making any type of facial expression.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Lips

A small amount of filler should give you your desired look, you wouldn't need too much at all and it shouldn't give you "duck lips". If you like the result of the filler you may wish to consider a small lip implant or fat injections into lips.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon