Will ThermiTight work on my stomach? Or should I get a TT? (Photos)

I am 26 with one child. I've tried losing weight and excersising, the middle part of my stomach has extra skin and hangs when I bend over .. I'm curious if I try ThermiTight is there a chance it will work on me..? I would like to avoid the huge scar a TT will leave if possible .. I know I definitely need a BL.

ThermiTIGHT following pregnancy

Dear FixitPlease89:

Thanks for sharing your photos. You seem well informed. ThermiTIGHT IS working to shrink skin. I believe it would work well for you but only shrink and tighten 20-30% of the central tummy around the belly button. 

If you are considering more pregnancies, then ThermiTIGHT maybe the answer for now as it is minimally invasive with only needle puncture sites and no incision.ThermiTIGHT is limited in that it will not remove skin excess nor tighten the inner muscle corset. You can consider a traditional tummy tuck in the future when you are more receptive to the scar.

Please consider a proper consultation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in all options so you receive the best recommendation for you. 

All the best!

Thanks for your question and photos. ThermiTight may be a solution but depends on your desired results. If you wish to have more children, ThermITight is less invasive than a tummy tuck. You can also combine the ThermiTight with Endymed Intensif to help with the stretch marks. Hope this helps.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

ThermiTight vs Tummy tuck

Looking at your pictures, ThermiTight may be enough to tighten your skin adequately.  You could combine it with Thermage to try to get even better results.  Doing Thermi now doesn't prevent you from getting a tummy tuck later if the improvement is not enough.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Will ThermiTight work on my stomach?

The simple answer is...it depends.  It really depends on what you are looking for.  If you want a completely flat tummy with removal of almost all stretch marks, then you should probably look into a Tummy Tuck.  

On the other hand, if you simply want to tighten the central skin and remove some of the fat and are willing to accept a flatter (but not completely flat) tummy, then ThermiTight is an excellent option.  And, the benefit of this is that there are literally no access scars and you can still get pregnant later on.  In many cases, we are also combining a series of external ThermiBody treatments for even greater skin tightening. 

I hope that helps!

ThermiTight on the Stomach

ThermiTight will help tighten some of the loose belly skin and will also help melt some of the fat in the area. It won't improve the stretch marks though. If you're willing to be aggressive then a tummy tuck will provide you with the best results. But, you are right, it comes with an incision and downtime. I'd recommend an in-person consultation and evaluation with a physician who provides both ThermiTight and Tummy Tucks to see which is most appropriate for you. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon