How long will it take for my lower eyelid to heal cut from a blepharoplasty I got done 2 weeks ago? (Photo)

I'm scared, I got a blepharoplasty done exactly two weeks ago. My left eye is perfect but, my right eye lower eyelid is reddish yellowish in the center. My doctor told me 5 days after my procedure that the eyelid got a little scratched during the cauterization and that i would take some time to heal but it has been two weeks now.

Hard to deal from this photo.

Do you have a notch in the eyelid contour from this issue?  This looks like it may take another couple of weeks to fully settle down but I wonder if there is a notch here and that may persist.

Lower eyelid blepaharoplasty healing

It's understandable to be concerned. Two weeks is still considered early and thus as more time passes you will see changes. It sounds by your description the area is going through phases that are expected. If the area doesn't continue to get smaller, of if you notice a deformity, then have your surgeon re evaluate. 

Gary Vela, MD, FACS

Blepharoplasty issue

Best to follow you surgeon's instructions so that the eye can heal well. Best of luck with your results.

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your case and photo.  I'm sorry that you had a complication after blepharoplasty, but it is important to know that the eyelids are a privileged part of the body that usually heal with minimal scarring.  Be patient and you will soon see the great results from your surgery.  I'm happy to hear that your surgeon is aware of your condition.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon