Post Gyno surgery: Left chest depression due to very tight dressing followed by muscle rightness and puffy nipples. (Photo)

Recently I have gone through vasor lipo + breast tissue removal by excision. My surgeon, after surgery, applied very tight dressing on left side as compared to right side. As a result of which, as you can see in after picture(4th day), my left chest appears having depression in between armpit and chest area. It is very tight in feel and I feel like muscle being restricted in movements. Also both nipples are still puffy. Time heals many things but I just have bad fear about this. Advise please.

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia reduction

This is far too early to decide what is going to happen. Work with your surgeon. Avoid tight compressive bands over the area and wear your compression garment.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Gyencomastia repair

At four days post treatment, it is way too early to see the final result. You really need to give it 4-6 months to heal. Best of luck.