Why is half my face droopy? (photo)

Hi, I've noticed for a few years I have one side of my face that is droopy. No pain or tingling or issues using the muscles. Only thing is I can think of is I used to have facial piercings when I was younger. Is this a medical condition? Will it ever resolve? Is surgery an option? Thanks, Mel

Facial asymmetry

We have facial asymmetry. It's normal and part of what makes us unique. You are gorgeous and don't need any type of cosmetic work at this time in my opinion. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry ... normal or abnormal

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern. I have to agree with my other colleagues coments. I understand that you are identifying differences on your face. Specifically, I would say that the left side seems more distant from the midline and possibly curved down compared to your other side. However, being beautiful and with no significant deformities, makes you a perfectly normal person. Do not do anything.
Wishing you the best in your journey

Why is my face drooping?

Thank you for asking about your facial asymmetry.
  • First of all, you are absolutely lovely - a great place to begin.
  • Second, your face is normal - you do not need surgery.
  • Third - what you are seeing is real and normal - every face is at least very slightly asymmetric but we rarely notice unless we start to study the details of our faces with great attention.
  • Your facial asymmetry is actually less than average  - I suspect you are a person who pays great attention to detail which is why even your slight asymmetry has drawn your attention.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Facial asymmetry

Hi imelly93."Why is half my face droopy?"
I have to be honest and say that I cannot see any slight asymmetry or droopiness of either side of your face,  Surgery is certainly not indicated.
RegardsDamien

Why is half of face droopy?

It is common for people to have faces that are not exactly equal on both sides, so one side may appear a bit droopier than the other.  This is not a medical condition and should not have been caused by facial piercings in the past.  Looking at your picture, I would say the amount of asymmetry you have is fairly normal.  It is not something that will resolve by itself.  Sometimes, fillers can be used to help even out the sides of the face, so that is something you could look into if the issue bothers you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon