Does "Nose Up" Work?

I recently came across something called nose up. Its a silicone nose shaping lift grip that is supposed to lift the tip of the nose just a little. Tho I have a feeling, ima go ahead and ask anyway...could this work?

Only surgery will change the shape of your nose

This device may temporarily press your nasal tissue, but it will not create any long term durable difference in the shape of your nose. Rhinoplasty surgery is the best option if you would like to change your nose shape. 

Nose Up Is a Marketing Gimmick and Does Not Work

This type of device won’t change the appearance of your nose, because it won’t impact the under lying bone and cartilage. Gimmicks like this are a dime a dozen. They’re not intended to fix your nose, but instead to separate you from your money.

If you’re serious about changing the appearance of your nose consultation, with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon can explain the risk benefits alternatives and possible complications associated with rhinoplasty surgery. 

"Nose-Up" Rhinoplasty

You do not have to be a rhinoplasty surgeon to know this will not work. Have a short surgical procedure, enjoy your new nose, and get on with your life.

"Nose up" device.

I have never seen this and I doubt that it  will work since the anatomy of the nose is not changed. To make the tip go up you need a tip plasty which is a 30 minute, under local anesthesia office procedure.

Likely won't work

If you are trying to change the shape of the nose, rhinoplasty is the only thing that will change it long term.  

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Probably not

This product will almost certainly not lead to any long lasting effects on your nose and its shape. The only thing that will change the appearance long term is rhinoplasty.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose up

While I am not familiar with this device there are many "non surgical" devices on the market claiming to replace the need for surgical correction.  The structures in you nose are fully developed and rigid hence no device can mold them like clay.  It is a total waste of time and money.  We live in world full of research and science so only do things that are backed by evidence

Rady Rahban, MD

Lifting the bnasal tip

A surgical rhinoplasty is needed to lift the tip of the nose permanently.  Best to seek out a very experienced nasal surgeon for best results

Does this work?

No, it does not work. In newborn babies, it is possible to shape cartilage with splints and external devices; in adults, it is not.

Bryan Correa, MD

Nose appliance

This type of appliance will not make any permanent changes to the nose.  It may provide brief changes similar to the lines on the side of your face from the creases in your pillow when you wake up in the morning.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon