Does "Nose Up" Work?

I recently came across something called nose up. Its a silicone nose shaping lift grip that is supposed to lift the tip of the nose just a little. Tho I have a feeling, ima go ahead and ask anyway...could this work?

Only surgery will change the shape of your nose

This device may temporarily press your nasal tissue, but it will not create any long term durable difference in the shape of your nose. Rhinoplasty surgery is the best option if you would like to change your nose shape. 

Nose Up Is a Marketing Gimmick and Does Not Work

This type of device won’t change the appearance of your nose, because it won’t impact the under lying bone and cartilage. Gimmicks like this are a dime a dozen. They’re not intended to fix your nose, but instead to separate you from your money.

If you’re serious about changing the appearance of your nose consultation, with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon can explain the risk benefits alternatives and possible complications associated with rhinoplasty surgery. 

Silicone nose shaping lift grip devices are not a substitute for rhinoplasty surgery or non-surgical rhinoplasty.

External compression devices may lead to temporary changes in the external appearance of your nose. We have not met anyone who has felt these devices are effective or worth the time and aggravation.Hope this helps.Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

“Nose Up” and similar devices do not permanently change the structure of the nose

These types of devices do not work to change the shape of the nose long-term, as they do not impact the underlying anatomy of the nose. If you want to change the shape of your nose tip, a rhinoplasty procedure is the best way to do it. Tip rhinoplasty is a fairly short procedure, nor does it require the nose to be broken to undergo the procedure. I recommend seeing a board-certified facial plastic surgeon for a consultation rather than spending money on devices such as “Nose Up.” I hope this helps.

Likely won't work

If you are trying to change the shape of the nose, rhinoplasty is the only thing that will change it long term.  

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Probably not

This product will almost certainly not lead to any long lasting effects on your nose and its shape. The only thing that will change the appearance long term is rhinoplasty.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose up

While I am not familiar with this device there are many "non surgical" devices on the market claiming to replace the need for surgical correction.  The structures in you nose are fully developed and rigid hence no device can mold them like clay.  It is a total waste of time and money.  We live in world full of research and science so only do things that are backed by evidence

Rady Rahban, MD

Lifting the bnasal tip

A surgical rhinoplasty is needed to lift the tip of the nose permanently.  Best to seek out a very experienced nasal surgeon for best results

Does this work?

No, it does not work. In newborn babies, it is possible to shape cartilage with splints and external devices; in adults, it is not.

Nose appliance

This type of appliance will not make any permanent changes to the nose.  It may provide brief changes similar to the lines on the side of your face from the creases in your pillow when you wake up in the morning.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon