My lips look uneven and weird (Photos)

I have had this issue for quite som time now, and i was hoping you could help? My right side of the lip looks different than my left side. I just want to make them look more even, so it doesn't look so weird. You can also see like a white pspot in the middel of the right lip, what is that? Please help

Lip Augmenation

You would be a great candidate for lip fillers.  Restylane is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like your body's own naturally produced hyaluronic acid. Restylane can add fullness and shape to lips providing natural-looking results, even with just one treatment. Restylane can last approximately lasts 3 to 4 months for the lips. Some patients may experience bruising and swelling for a few days.

Juvederm is an FDA-approved filler. Juvederm fillers are made from hyaluronic acid. Juvederm is very highly cross-linked form of hyaluronic acid, making it less likely to be broken down quickly than other hyaluronic fillers. Juvederm typically lasts for 4-6 months for volume enhancement in the lips.

Newly approved by the FDA, Juvederm Volbella is a new hyaluronic acid dermal filler that can provide a smooth and natural improvement in the fullness of ones lips. It is a smooth gel that is injected by your physician, using an ultra-fine needle. It has been specifically developed as a smooth gel to give a soft, natural feel. You should contact a board certified dermatologist.

Lip Asymmetry correction

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

There are minor differences among the lips. The fullness could be corrected with filler. The redundant tissue requires evaluation by a physician.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Uneven lips

From the photos, it appears as though you have a natural (and common!) asymmetry to your lips. This is one of the most gratifying things to treat - a small amount of dermal filler such as Juvederm or Restylane can help resolve this issue for you by adding filler to the area to create a better balance and evenness to your lip. I hope this helps!

Lesley Rabach, MD

My lips look uneven

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is smaller and moe asymmetric compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Volbella to help Balance out Uneven Lips

Dear secretactor:

A lip filler like Volbella would help to balance out the asymmetry in your lips.  It is difficult to appreciate the "white spot" from your photos.  Please consult an expert injectors.  All the best.

Lip Asymmetry

The lips will always have some sort of asymmetry from one side to the other, think of them as sisters not twins. If the asymmetry is mild, it can be corrected with Juvederm.  The photos you posted are not very helpful, I would recommend scheduling a consult with a board certified PS in your area for an in person evaluation. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Lip Asymmetry

It appears from your photos that you may be a candidate for Lip augmentation with filler like Juvederm Ultra plus. The white spot may be result of accidentally biting your lip. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Correction of asymmetric lips

thank you so much for your question.  Injectable fillers can be used to improve lip symmetry.  In some cases the asymmetry is present as a result of differences in lip structure and there can be a limit as to how much correction is provided in these cases.  I would recommend changing someone who is extremely experienced at lip enhancement as a great deal of skill and judgment is required to get best outcomes.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Smile Asymmetry--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (juvederm, restylane)

These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. The technique will be important here. In addition to fillers, using cannulas for the injections can help shape and contour the lip. Other options would be fat or implants. Lasers or surgery can sometimes help asymmetry.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

My lips look uneven and weird

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Careful use of a hyaluronic acid dermal filler, like Volbella or Juvederm, can help improve the subtle asymmetry between your right and left lip side.  As far as the white spot in the corner of your mouth an in-person examination is needed to determine the cause of the hypo pigmentation in order to offer treatment recommendations.