I had a lip filler 2 days ago and they seem unbalanced and look ugly. I also feel small balls in my mouth, what shall I do?

Lip swelling

I would wait for the swelling to go down over the next couple of weeks prior to passing judgement on your results. If there is asymmetry at that time, you could have hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the filler.

Lip filler

Please be patient!  The lips are a sensitive area and swelling can last up to 2 weeks following injections.  It will also take some time, if you've never had filler there before, to get used to the sensation of your 'new' lips.  Small disturbances in and around the mouth feel much bigger than they really are (think about how it feels when you get something small stuck in your teeth).  So, take some time to let the swelling go completely away and allow yourself to get used to the sensation of having fuller lips.  

If after 2 weeks, you are still unhappy, see your provider about having the filler dissolved.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Lip Fillers 2 Days Later

Dear farahfaraj:

It is not uncommon to see asymmetry and swelling initially after lip fillers.  My recommendation is to wait for the the asymmetry and swelling to subside in the next 1-2 weeks and follow up with your physician 2 weeks after filling.  All the best.

Bumps after lip filler injection

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon