Can Crowns be adjusted after they are permanently cemented?

My dentist placed my crowns (front teeth) crooked and it is really bothering me. Can the crowns be adjusted after they are permanently cemented? Like can he remove them and put them back on without damaging them or my teeth underneath?

Dental crown

dental crown can be easily removed with help of crown remover.This procedure should be done carefully otherwise natural tooth may be damaged.

Crown adjustment #DrSoftTouch

A crown that has been permanently cemented can not be easily removed. However, the crown can still be adjusted. I would recommend following up with your dentist if you have concerns about your crown. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future. 

Crooked Crowns

It sounds like your teeth could be beyond the scope of a "simple" crown adjustment. Your dentist cannot remove them easily in order to fix the issue. Definitely go back and voice your concerns.

Crowns, adjustments

Most likely the crowns that have been cemented with permanent cement can not be removed, however crowns can still be adjusted after cementation with out any damage.  I would definitley go back to the dentist and voice your concerns.  Adjustments are normally painless and fast.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Crown Adjustment

I would recommend you to visit your dentist and discuss your problem because removing the permanent cemented crown may be create issue. 

Shahin Safarian, DMD
San Diego Dentist

Crown adjustment

Crowns can be adjusted slightly when they are in your mouth. Removing them without damaging the crown or the tooth underneath is very difficult. I suggest discussing with your dentist exactly what you don't like. It is possible if the adjustment is large the crowns will need to be remade. 

Removal of a cemented crown is difficult w/o damaging it

If the crown is permanently cemented, it would be difficult to remove it without damaging it.  Most likely, your crown will need to be redone.  You should go back to your dentist and tell him/her about your concerns. 

Jean-Paul Banh, DDS
Federal Way Dentist