Am I a candidate for liquid rhinoplasty to fix the hump in my nose & the droopy tip without making my nose look larger?

I would like a straight bridge and a less droopy tip that is more defined and maybe pointed up a bit. -I want a look that is still natural and would not make my nose look substantially larger. -I do like my nose from the front besides the bulbous tip that droops when I smile. Thank you for your time!

Traditional rhinoplasty needed to meet expectations.

To create a smaller nose, a straight nasal bridge, correct your drooping nasal tip and refine your tip, you would need a rhinoplasty.  Shaving your bridge down would lower the bony and cartilage portions of your nose and make your bridge straight.  Moving the nasal bones in slightly would narrow the nasal appearance.  Trimming and shaping the cartilage which makes up your nasal tip will refine your tip, and elevate your tip so it doesn't droop.  This would make your nose look smaller and more refined.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss this in detail.  See if the surgeon you choose has computer morphing of your photos which can give you an idea of what may be accomplished.

You need a rhinoplasty to correct issues such as the dorsal hump and the plunging tip. Best of luck.

Am I a candidate for liquid rhinoplasty to fix the hump in my nose & the droopy tip without making my nose look larger? (Photo)

A traditional rhinoplasty would take care of your concerns. Removing your hump, shortening your nose, narrowing your bridge, and making your tip more delicate should all be done so that your nasal features blend together. This can be performed through a closed technique. A liquid rhinoplasty can not accomplish these things.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical rhinoplasty candidate

A surgical rhinoplasty is required to make the required changes in the nose. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down in order to remove it. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones are required to narrow the bridge line. The nasal tip cartilages are required to be lifted in order  to lift the droopy tip. Releasing the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip from drooping when smiling. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

While injectable rhinoplasty can be helpful in certain situations, one thing it cannot do is make a nose that is too large appear smaller.  You are a good candidate for a surgical rhinoplasty with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Seek out a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist, ideally accompanied by your parents.  Best wishes.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Hello and thank you for your question. The "liquid rhinoplasty" may sound like an easy fix, but this will not work and may even cause permanent damage to your nose.  Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD