I had a root canal done awhile ago, the filling came out shortly after and now it's hurting what's going on?

Lost filling on a Rootcanal tooth.

when you have a root canal the permanent filling and coronal seal is as important as the Rootcanal itself. Research shows if the rootcanaled tooth is exposed to the oral environment, for more than 30 days the Rootcanal system is reinfected and the tooth will need to be retetreated prior to putting a new crown on.  

Beverly Hills Dentist

Root canal tooth hurts...#DrSoftTouch

It's possible that your tooth has become reinfected or possibly fractured. I would recommend seeing your dentist right away for an evaluation. A retreat may be necessary followed by a crown to seal and protect your tooth. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Make an appointment immediately

After a root canal, a permanent restoration is absolutely required to avoid fractures and another infection from developing.  I recommend you visit your dentist immediately and have the area evaluated.  

Nima Raoufinia, DDS
Bethesda Dentist

Root Canal Filling

After a root canal treatment it needs complete seal to the top of the tooth. If you filling came out then you should visit your dentist or endodontist for the solution.

Shahin Safarian, DMD
San Diego Dentist

Root canal tooth hirting

It is possible if you lost the filling sealing and protecting the root canal that the tooth became reinfected or possibly fractured.  You need to see your dentist right away for evaluation. 

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist