Burning sensation normal at 8 weeks post-op?

I have been getting a burn sensation i had a tummy tuck ,lipo and fat transfer !! But on my side of tummytuck and back is so bad am always feel like a oven , i keep telling my doctor he says is Normal . I dont have fever but lady that does my massage says she also thinks is. Not normal at this week to have this sensation also in my Insicion is very warm can someone tell me if the got this also

Nerve Regeneration

Burning and tingling are often attributed to nerve regeneration, and this is completely normal. However, the warmth you’re feeling at your incision site should be examined by your surgeon, as it may indicate an infection.

Burning after tummy tuck

Hi, often burning after a tummy tuck at this point is due to superficial nerve endings. These small nerves are injured or stretched in the procedure and as they grow back, they can cause this type of pain. Be sure to keep following up with your doctor until this is resolved. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Tummy tuck burning sensation

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is impossible to advise.  Your nerves are cut during a tummy tuck and sensory changes is the normal.  Please recheck with your surgeon if you are concerned about fever and infection, good luck.  

Healing Procedures with Incisions and Scars

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, for burning sensation to end, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

If you find that you are having trouble with the healing process, worried about the burning sensation that you are feeling then it would likely be best to visit your surgeon to have the areas examined for proper healing. Good luck!