Upper blepharoplasty: revision? (Photo)

I had an upper blepharoplasty done last year. I've waited & consulted w the doctor about my dissatisfaction w the amount of overhang & assymetry over my left eye (right in photo). He doesn't seem to think it's an issue but will take a small amount of additional skin off in a small revision for a small fee. I feel like he thinks I'm nuts or bein obsessive but it's MY FACE & it wasn't this assymetrical prior! I'm attaching photos. Please share your thoughts. Thank you!

Your surgeon does not understand the issue. To not let him reoperate on the eyelid.

You have post blepharoplasty left upper eyelid ptosis.  Removing more skin is only going to expose the heavy upper eyelid and make you look worse.  You will be looking for a third surgery.  You need to have definitive care for this before all the resources are used up by surgeons who mean well but don't really know their eyelid anatomy.  Upper eyelid ptosis after blepharoplasty is exceedingly common.  You actually have it in both upper eyelid. It is just that it is worse on the left side.  You also have upper eyelid lash ptosis.  Swelling and inflammation after surgery is associated with the ptosis that develops.  The levator aponeurosis of the upper eyelid is only loosely held in the eyelid.  Most surgeons performing upper blepharoplasty never expose the tendon in the eyelid.  That is unfortunately because to get the most out of the procedure, it is essential to adjust the eyelid platform skin (skin between the upper eyelid crease and the upper eyelid lashes) to the elevator aponeurosis.  This is called an anchor blepharoplasty.  You are fixable but not by removing more skin.  You need a structured microblepharoplasty with a ptosis repair.  Don't ask your surgeon to do this, this will be beyond their skill set, with all due respect.

Revision eyelid surgery at one year?

There is a minimal amount of excess skin here.  Attempting to correct this slight redundancy carries some risks and I would advise against it at present.  Remember that in order to close your eyes a small amount of "excess" skin in the upper lid is necessary.

Richard O. Gregory, MD