My eyes are not symmetrical. (photo)

Is there a way to fix this? I really hate looking at it in pictures..

Doctor Answers 6

Correcting Asymmetry Through Eyelid Surgery

It is very common to have asymmetrical features. It is very rare for anyone to have a perfectly symmetrical face. Looking at this picture, it seems you would be a fine candidate for blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery. An eyelid surgery can help you correct asymmetry and other cosmetic concerns you may have. I recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Uneven eyelid crease

Hi. As you have mentioned, you're eyelid creases are not symmetric. This is fairly common and can usually be corrected with upper blepharoplasty. See an oculoplastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon that has expertise in eyelid surgery. Hope this helps. Ira Vidor, M.D.

Ira Vidor, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Asymmetric eyelids

You have asymmetric eyelid folds. This can be repaired via a blepharoplasty technique to move the fold. This should be done by a surgeon with advanced skills in blepharoplasty surgery as it is not the same as a simple blepharoplasty.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Straight answers from Dr. Louton

It appears that your right eyebrow is lower then the left.  If that is corrected I believe you will find improved symmetry with your eyes.

Robert B. Louton, MD
Altoona Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Asymmetric eyelids

It appears that the double eyelid on your left side is more prominent than on the right side of your face.  This is very normal, as no individual is perfectly symmetric.  Having said that, if you are inclined to look into a repair, you could always consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon, ENT surgeon, or eye plastic surgeon to see about your options.  Upper eyelid might be an option for you.

Reza Momeni, MD FACS
Summit Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

Non-Symmetrical Eyes

Hi and thanks for the question and photo.  Yes, this can easily be fixed with an upper lid blepharoplasty on your right upper  eyelid to remove a small amount of excess skin.  This can be done under local anesthesia in the office.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation with computer imaging to give you an idea of what to expect. 

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 105 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.