Silicone Removal Outcome (Photo)

4 yrs ago I decided to have injected silicone from my chin removed. I choose a doctor who specialize in silicone removal ,however my outcome became worse .After surgery I thought it was swollen , months later still has this odd appearance . I contacted the Dr. which he states if he goes back to remove more silicone he could damage nerves, area could be inflamed ,to my knowledge inflammation is temporary or he could do Cortisone shots. Thanks sonogram shows no foreign matter just tissue .

Silicone injections in chin

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Rios regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers.

For your information, in 1898 Dr. Robert Gersuny, Austrian surgeon, injected paraffin into the scrotum of a patient who was orquiectomizado (testicles removed). Here began the history of the injection of external substances to give volume to the face and body. This practice became very popular and now, there are whole chapters in plastic surgery books that explain how to try to correct and rebuild the serious effects of the application of paraffin. 

About your question, It is important to know wthat procedure used your surgeon and It is also necesary an MRI STIR to evaluate the extension and severity of your case. Then I will know if you need surgery or the best option.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Rios.

Removing silicone from the chin

There are many options to treat silicone foreign body reaction. Some patients are surgical candidates, but this depends on the anatomic location and the feasibility of surgical removal. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS