Still have prominent eye bags after lower bleph (5 weeks post surgery)? (Photo)

I had a bilateral lower bleph (transconjunctival) 5 weeks ago. I still have eyebags and bags that appeared 3 weeks post surgery. My doctor offered to do a re-do. I am feeling disappointed and apprehensive having to undergo a second one. Are these residual bags that were not removed/not re-positioned properly? Or are my eyes still recovering from swelling? Why did the bags return? I am a non-smoker and in good health. Is it safe to have the revision 8 weeks post surgery? When is an ideal time to do it?

Lower lid bleph

It looks like residual retroseptal fat has remained and a revision to remove additional fat would be beneficial.  As far as when to proceed,  swelling has to be fully resolved.  It varies from patient to patient but eight weeks should be fine on average.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Timing of lower eyelid revision

You are best to wait at least 3-6 months after the initial surgery, before considering a revision. You should take pictures to monitor the progress or to see if anything settles further. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Repeat lower blepharoplasty

It appears you still have under eye bags/fat but best to wait about 3 months after first surgery before doing second surgery. See following link.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye issue

You are too early in the post-op period with swelling being the most common thing to determine whether a revision or not is necessary.