Does Precision Tx really work on jowls?

I got the precision tx treatment 4 weeks ago on my neck and chin area/jowls. Under my chin it's still swollen but I see no change in my jowls at all. After the procedure I wore the neck wrap for 48 hrs straight and after that I wore it 10 hrs per day for the next 3 days. I'm concerned that wasn't enough. I'm worried that my jowls won't tighten! Maybe I should have done a lower face lift instead? Please advise? Will this still eventually tighten?!

Lift Options for the Lower Face

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift.

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.
If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.

The best candidates for #LiteLift are patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™. Also, Lite Lift™ surgery is individualized for each patient and ideal candidates are those with well defined bone structure and do not smoke.

Getting the Right Combination for the Results You Want--Sculptra, Thermage, Ultherapy, VASER, ThermiRF

This is tough to answer without pictures. Usually a combination approach is needed including: Sculptra, Thermage, Ultherapy, Venus Legacy and fillers. Vaser with ThermiRF are also great options, if you're a candidate. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Does Precision Tx really work on jowls?

Hi, It's important to keep all of these "heavily marketed" non-invasive so called facelift procedures in the proper perspective.  Non-invasive techniques typically shrink the skin several mm's.  There are 25.4 mm's in one inch.  The minimally invasive facelift described below can remove 2 to 3 inches of skin which equals 50.8 to 76.4 mm's or up to 25 times the amount of loose skin provided by non invasive techniques "touted" to tighten the jowls.  That reality should always be front and center in the decision making for prospective facelift patients.  It should also be noted that non invasive techniques have no ability to properly dissect, elevate, trim and re-suture the SMAS layer making then one dimensional at best.  

I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.